Replacement mixer tap

V1nny

This might be a daft question, but do I need a special “Motorhome” mixer tap, or will any monobloc household kitchen tap do the job?

If you can look under the tap you may see 2 wires coming off it. If there are no wires or the wires aren’t connected it’s NOT a micro switch tap.

Non micro switch taps have a pressurised water system. Micro switch taps stop and start the pump as you turn them on and off 👍

If you can look under the tap you may see 2 wires coming off it. If there are no wires or the wires aren’t connected it’s NOT a micro switch tap.

Non micro switch taps have a pressurised water system. Micro switch taps stop and start the pump as you turn them on and off 👍
Thanks.

I know the pump kicks in as soon as I turn a tap, on so I’m guessing it probably has a micro switch?

The van is in storage at the moment but I will go and check for wires before I order a new tap.

You can use micro switch taps on non micro switch systems, you just don’t connect the wires. If you see wires double check they are actually connected, if not the world is your oyster as far as taps go :)

I've only had the push pump cold water only ones befor .

What do the mirco things do ? The tap are smaller I think and look plasticy. Is it just weight saving or an I missing a good deign thing here !.

I've only had the push pump cold water only ones befor .

What do the mirco things do ? The tap are smaller I think and look plasticy. Is it just weight saving or an I missing a good deign thing here !.
At least one of mine has micro switches but the wires are coiled up as I don’t use them. The taps are chromed plastic and stupidly expensive for what they are. I almost changed my kitchen mixer tap to a domestic one but the original fits under the glass lid.

All they do is turn the pump on when you open the tap then off as soon as you close it so the system isn’t pressurised all the time.

So we get round that pressurised by the switch for pump. On off Thanks.

I know the pump kicks in as soon as I turn a tap, on so I’m guessing it probably has a micro switch?

Not necessarily. The pump has a pressure switch which turns it on as soon as the pressure drops (by you opening the tap.)

Thanks.

The van is in storage at the moment but I will go and check for wires before I order a new tap.
It’s more does the pump switch off as soon as the tap is turned off. If it runs for a short time after the tap is closed it’s building the pressure back up

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back