Repair needed

Don't know whereabouts in the North West you are, but can recommend a small family firm near Leyland...post again if any help, I'll find the address.

regards
Allen
We are in colne so Leyland is good. Thanks

any suggestions as to where to get this fixed, we are in Lancashire. Don’t want to do it on insurance as it was our fault and the premiums would be high for ever more . Thanks View attachment 98445
Insurance companies are the pits. They take our money for fully comprehensive but they don't take any of the risk that we pay them for. Surely it should be their risk ( intrinsically that is what insurance is ) but if we have a claim they recover the money paid out by increasing our premiums over the years.
There should be a push back against insurance companies on this matter just like the successful campaign to stop the price hike for loyal customers .

Sorry for the late reply..found the details of the guys near Leyland....CMS North West Ltd, 07989 581 969, Paul Smith, his wife, and their two sons...nice to have a chat with, and if you're into big bikes, Harleys and the like, they do em up...quite often have bikes in the workshop.

Allen

Has a anyone any experience of sourcing part panel's for motorhomes . They are avaliable grp cars
I did similar to our last motorhome, I bought some fibreglass and repaired it from the back then used some white gel coat on the front it looked as good as new and cost about £20 to repair.
If you don’t feel you could do this yourself look for a boat yard or someone who does fibre glass in your area
I have to agree as I have done some bad grp repairs , but the difference is like you i was experienced in body work , not a DIY novice .without any PPE
It would be very interesting to see the estimate.

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back