Repair needed

saxonrosie

Free Member
any suggestions as to where to get this fixed, we are in Lancashire. Don’t want to do it on insurance as it was our fault and the premiums would be high for ever more . Thanks
E01AA031-E09C-4E29-9F14-AB9B9A2C3E87.jpeg

Aw motorhome panels and bumpers
The Marina
Canvey Island
fixed mine motorhome place quoted me £800-£1200 Anton charged me £350 so was worth the trek down from Yorkshire.
Thanks, sounds good but a bit too far to take it , did they do it in the day or had you hotel costs as well.?

Bit closer for you but don't know if he repairs on the vehicle he made me a new sink for my van spot on and he did have a few caravans and motohomes parked up so maybe repairs panels in situ https://caravanpanels.com/about-us-1-w.asp

Mike
Thanks, I’ll give them a ring on Monday , somewhere nearby would be great but if needs must then I’ll have to travel. I’m hoping to go away beginning of July . There’s always duct tape 🤣 glad I can laugh now cause I was crying earlier.

If you do tape it, use Gorilla tape. That's what we stuck Annies with until it was repaired.

edit.
Please see campervanannie’s post below

Last edited by a moderator:
He put me up on his carpark for a week with hookup it’s a bit rough and ready as it’s a working boatyard but I was looked after the whole time I was there.
Used them a couple of years ago
Went to yard on way to France they removed bumper put temporary bumper on , basically to hold lights in place
On return new bumper made , fitted in no time on my way . Extremely well priced
If they've dealt with your model before they may have a template
Also stayed at yard looks rough as but no problems
Can't recommend highly enough

Don't worry, you are lucky it's fibreglass which is easy to repair rather than vacuum formed plastic sheet which some vans have (like most shower trays). On my last van I ended up buying a replacement rear moulding from Caravan Panels because that was the only supplier I could find. It did the job but it was rather flimsy having only one layer of glass mat and eventually the gel coat started to crack. On that experience I can't really recommend.
As others said, plenty of duct tape for now.

I had damage to my van and contacted a local body repair company ( in Essex I am afraid ) and found them very good and helpful.
Also try local boat yards, some are able to do good repairs.

I did similar to our last motorhome, I bought some fibreglass and repaired it from the back then used some white gel coat on the front it looked as good as new and cost about £20 to repair.
If you don’t feel you could do this yourself look for a boat yard or someone who does fibre glass in your area

Don't know whereabouts in the North West you are, but can recommend a small family firm near Leyland...post again if any help, I'll find the address.

regards
Allen

any suggestions as to where to get this fixed, we are in Lancashire. Don’t want to do it on insurance as it was our fault and the premiums would be high for ever more . Thanks View attachment 98445
There's an outfit in Kirkham unfortunately its probably 10 years since I delivered to them and I cant remember their name. They were on the industrial estate off the traffic lights near the big supermarket.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back