Removing trim studs from bottom of rear door

Fisherman

I have watched several YouTube videos of folk insulating their rear doors, but the trim studs on my van are different. I am beginning to think once these ones are removed they simply have to be replaced. Has anyone ever removed the ones on the bottom panel. The top ones are a doddle, but not these little bar stewards. :(

IMG_6991.jpeg

You can get a selection of plastic trim removal tools from eBay quite cheaply,
Then you can just prize them clips out carefully, they will be reusable,
Thanks.
Just did that before you posted.
The top ones are a doddle, why not use the same bloody ones.
I hope one of these tools will do the trick, but these seem difficult to remove.
No doubt once I figure it out it will be simple.

I had a small pin type tool for them ,pop the centre out gently and reverse to replace ,they are re useable
the other ones I had a snap on fork type trim removal tool for the solid o es

15 mm head size, 5 and 7.5mm hole.

22mm head size, 10mm hole.

Thanks.
Just did that before you posted.
The top ones are a doddle, why not use the same bloody ones.
I hope one of these tools will do the trick, but these seem difficult to remove.
No doubt once I figure it out it will be simple.
I have a fairly big selection of those kind of trim pieces. Chances are not got the right ones to suit yours but never know! I can bring the box over next week if you think it might be useful?
The lower ones need a fork type tool as Gordon says. You could try a regular kitchen fork or maybe a cake fork in fact?

I had a small pin type tool for them ,pop the centre out gently and reverse to replace ,they are re useable
the other ones I had a snap on fork type trim removal tool for the solid o es
Hi Gordon there is no centre on these ones. The ones at the top have centres.
I have a trim tool, but it does not work on these.

I have a fairly big selection of those kind of trim pieces. Chances are not got the right ones to suit yours but never know! I can bring the box over next week if you think it might be useful?
The lower ones need a fork type tool as Gordon says. You could try a regular kitchen fork or maybe a cake fork in fact?
Cheers David, that would be great. (y)

I have watched several YouTube videos of folk insulating their rear doors, but the trim studs on my van are different. I am beginning to think once these ones are removed they simply have to be replaced. Has anyone ever removed the ones on the bottom panel. The top ones are a doddle, but not these little bar stewards. :(

View attachment 125783
Indentation, maybe , there to help removal ?

To cold now to play with plastic . That a summer job ie
Try a kitchen slice as there slim and flexible.

Missed the start of this thread Bill otherwise I would have assisted you sooner. It is actually quiet simple to remove those studs and it is quick. Just twat them with a lump hammer. Works for me. In fact, all my diy is professionally executed with a lump hammer - even glazing!

Missed the start of this thread Bill otherwise I would have assisted you sooner. It is actually quiet simple to remove those studs and it is quick. Just twat them with a lump hammer. Works for me. In fact, all my diy is professionally executed with a lump hammer - even glazing!
Always thought you were a useless lump, you just confirmed my suspicions :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

It actually turns out that what you say is correct Ral.
But you first have to cut off the head then tap them through with a hammer and a screw driver.
I was shown this today by an auto electrician I know.
So I wholeheartedly apologise for saying your are a useless lump.
I will change that to useful lump :)

Anyway I have ordered a pack of 60 for £7.50 on Ebay, and when we get back from Braithwaite I will insulate the back doors.(y)

I told you so.😛😛😛

Glad you have got it sorted Bill.

P.S. If you are in need of a vasectomy, I have a cure for that too.;)

I told you so.😛😛😛

Glad you have got it sorted Bill.

P.S. If you are in need of a vasectomy, I have a cure for that too.;)
Ah now I get the full meaning of your post Ral

[IMG alt="izwozral"]https://wildcamping.co.uk/data/avatars/m/38/38839.jpg?1593504970[/IMG]

izwozral

Posts14,958Likes31,754

I was told a vasectomy was painless :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ah now I get the full meaning of your post Ral

[IMG alt="izwozral"]https://wildcamping.co.uk/data/avatars/m/38/38839.jpg?1593504970[/IMG]

izwozral

Posts14,958Likes31,754

I was told a vasectomy was painless :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Oh it is Bill, trust me, I'm a doctor too.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back