Removing habitation door external handle

Tonybvi

I am appealing to the collective wisdom of all you very knowledgeable people to help me fix my Hymer habitation door handle which I managed to break this morning. I believe it is a FAP Firenze flap handle but I could well be wrong. All I want to do in the first place is to remove the outside handle and plate but don’t want to start removing random screws from the inside and risk breaking the internal mechanism as well. Everything works perfectly from the inside but when you pull the handle from the outside to open the door nothing happens - there is no resistance and the handle doesn’t even spring back in again.
I attach various photos for some clever person to see if they know which screws I need to undo. Any help very gratefully received.

Thanks, Tony

EC9B2BBE-5DB5-4461-B21F-73616D7FE4E9.jpeg
5050F094-F389-499E-BA80-7C317F654C61.jpeg

You need to remove the internal door cover to see the problem and this often entails removing the inner handle. It possibly means knocking out small plastic pins from the clips that retain the inner frame.

It seems like one of the link rods has become disconnected from the outer handle and will be an easy fix.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back