Removing bathroom sink - replacing shower hose

UFO

Water runs off the bathroom sink tap, when turning it on and off with wet hands, under the sink rim and finds its way into the cupboard under the sink.

I wanted to take the sink out and reseal it. Looking underneath I can't see any fixings so I assume that it just glued down. I can get a spatula blade under most of the sink rim, as in the photo, but not all the way round - but the sink is stuck fast.

Also I would like to replace the shower hose as the outer has become broken exposing the inner hose, currently 'repaired' with electical tape. The shower hose OD is around 13mm, which is a bit smaller that the standard UK shower hose. Neither end will pass through the fitting that the hose passes through. So how do you replace the hose? If I can get the sink out there will be room to investigate the fitting.

It is a a 2009 Fiat Ducato Adria Twin but the bathroom may be the same in other Adria models of the same age.

Anyone tackled these job or have any ideas.

thanks
Sink.jpg

Hose.jpg

Adrian were not magicians so there must be a join in the hose out of sight it might be your repair will need a barbed joint under the sink.

As for the sink it'll be stuck down so an old bent slim knife used gently might do the trick.

Without being in there is hard to be sure.

sharpen the end of your ruler and carefully cut your way round as far as possible

Try spraying with WD40 around the rim, allow time for it to soften the silicone. A little bit of brute force may be needed too.

If you are near to a Tool Station try C-Tec MultiSolve multi purpose solvent. Not the cheapest, but definitely the best. Spray it on to the sealant from the top and the underneath. Leave it for an hour. Lift off the basin. Just remember to test it in a hidden area first.

Adrian were not magicians
True, but sometimes when trying to fix something you have to use some 'magic'. Having taken a lot of the van apart in the last 14 years to fix things it seems that whoever built the van made it up as they went along, without a thought for access for repairs.

I think with the sink out solving the shower hose issue will be much easier. Although I think I will still need to cut the panel and replace with a removable cover as I have done in other places.

I was sort of paraphrasing zjay Leno on his YouTube channel when someone asks him how he's going to fix some 120 year old car, he just says its not magicians it was made by hand and can be again.

Sadly no kids so all his collection will be sold off or go into a museum.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back