Record January temperatures Spain

Moped

27c recorded by our van yesterday although the sea is still a bit too chilly for me.

Anybody else enjoying sunny and hot Spain at the moment?

As an aside diesel is €1.41 (£1.21) at our local Dia supermarket and Guvnor wine is €2.85 (£8 in the UK from Majestic Wines) at the local Mercadona. Can't remember who it was who tipped Guvnor wine but very grateful as fantastic stuff and the fastest selling wine on the shelf!

We are hoping to go out in Murcia this week end, probably inland as the coast is mainly still rammed.
Regarding diesel ,if you keep you eyes open you will find it below 1.30. Look out for Plein Oil stations.
Can't comment on Guvnor as still managing (just) dry January , but thanks for reminding me.

Last edited:
27c recorded by our van yesterday although the sea is still a bit too chilly for me.

Anybody else enjoying sunny and hot Spain at the moment?

As an aside diesel is €1.41 (£1.21) at our local Dia supermarket and Guvnor wine is €2.85 (£8 in the UK from Majestic Wines) at the local Mercadona. Can't remember who it was who tipped Guvnor wine but very grateful as fantastic stuff and the fastest selling wine on the shelf!
Think it may have been Ken and he will be regretting it now if you consume too much.

there is now a white version of the guv’nor jury is still out though madame has got half a dozen to reach a definitive verdict! stocked up with a few myself yesterday then lee rolled up he’d stripped the shelves about a dozen i think though he also had a merlot from mercadona and even cheaper than the guv’nor that was very nice,

I am glad that it's good where you are. I recently flew to Madeira and had 10 days of rain, including 2 bad storms with aircraft unable to land one day, and a cruise ship diverted from the azores.

We are hoping to go out in Murcia this week end, probably inland as the coast is mainly still rammed.
Regarding diesel ,if you keep you eyes open you will find it below 1.30. Look out for Plein Oil stations.
Can't comment on Guvnor as still managing (just) dry January , but thanks for reminding me.
We filled up at the Thayder service station Mercia this morning with fuel at 1.25.9euro (£1.08).

I arrived in Spain via France on Tuesday. The weather through France was cold with deep lying snow for my first day's travel. Minor roads were snow and ice covered and I must report excellent performance in these conditions with my Michelin Cross Climate tyres. Very sure footed and not a single slip or slide whilst maintaining the same speed as local cars.

My first stop was in north east Spain at L'Escala. It was recommended to me and it's a great spot to stop with great beaches and a lovely feel to the place. I've added two places to the POIs. I recommend the LU just north of the town.

As soon as I arrived the weather turned lovely and warm in the day, around 22C, but cold at night down to single digits.

I visited a Mercadona today and bought wine. I saw The Guv'nor on the shelf but didn't buy any. I'll try it next time!

Any way I'm redoing a trip I made over the Winter of 2016/2017 and plan to drive right the way round the Iberia coast before heading back through France in early April. I won't be able to dawdle like I did last time. That 90 day clock is ticking!!

I'll be adding POIs as I go so don't forget to use our app if you're heading this way and please update any places that are out of date or now unavailable.

Do you like this pair.
17072139065571074577043091221044.jpg

jan’s view on the white guv’nor is that it’s not as good as the red it is of course a blended wine 3 different grape varieties confuses the taste buds

jan’s view on the white guv’nor is that it’s not as good as the red it is of course a blended wine 3 different grape varieties confuses the taste buds
Try a few Pusser’s rums first and they’ll all look and taste the same! 😵‍💫😂🤣

I arrived in Spain via France on Tuesday. The weather through France was cold with deep lying snow for my first day's travel. Minor roads were snow and ice covered and I must report excellent performance in these conditions with my Michelin Cross Climate tyres. Very sure footed and not a single slip or slide whilst maintaining the same speed as local cars.

My first stop was in north east Spain at L'Escala. It was recommended to me and it's a great spot to stop with great beaches and a lovely feel to the place. I've added two places to the POIs. I recommend the LU just north of the town.

As soon as I arrived the weather turned lovely and warm in the day, around 22C, but cold at night down to single digits.

I visited a Mercadona today and bought wine. I saw The Guv'nor on the shelf but didn't buy any. I'll try it next time!

Any way I'm redoing a trip I made over the Winter of 2016/2017 and plan to drive right the way round the Iberia coast before heading back through France in early April. I won't be able to dawdle like I did last time. That 90 day clock is ticking!!

I'll be adding POIs as I go so don't forget to use our app if you're heading this way and please update any places that are out of date or now unavailable.
We get quite offended as LEscala is in Catalonia, please note the flags that you will see everywhere

Sally says the same plus it must be kept in a fridge as it ain't good warm...
my taste buds aren't good so straight off the shelf is ok. :D
Anyway back I the uk now after scaring off an illegal try to get in simply by saying..... " we are going to Morocco "
All I heard was I dont want to go back to Africa as he was running away.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back