Rear lights

Scotia

The guy that does valeting for us suggested going over the faded rear lenses with a heat gun to give them more luster as they were looking faded and tired. Decided to give it a go this afternoon. I dont think the gun i have was powerful enough but i could see a result. I then remembered that the finishing mops i have for my pedestal polisher i use for the alloy on my bike restorations along with the fine wax was also used for polishing plastics, finally a result.
20200627_165304.jpg
20200627_171337.jpg
20200627_172121.jpg
20200627_173907.jpg
20200627_172744.jpg

Last edited:
The guy that does valeting for us suggested going over the faded rear lenses with a heat gun to give them more luster as they were looking faded and tired. Decided to give it a go this afternoon. I dont think the gun i have was powerful enough but i could see a result. I then remembered that the finishing mops i have for my pedestal polisher i use for the alloy on my bike restorations along with the fine wax was also used for polishing plastics, finally a result.View attachment 83826View attachment 83828View attachment 83830View attachment 83831

Blimey Sam, when I saw the first 2 pictures I thought your bodyworks looking a bit rough mate, so don't worry too much about the lights.

Then I realised it was on a bench!

In a similar vein the acrylic lenses on my 2007 Ducato headlights were in poor condition towards the top through ageing.

I used my rechargeable orbital polisher to good effect to bring them back to near new condition.

You can also use fine wet & dry with soap then polish if you dont have a machine

T cut before a wax,but they will fade fast again in time as the uv damages right through the plastics.

In a similar vein the acrylic lenses on my 2007 Ducato headlights were in poor condition towards the top through ageing.

I used my rechargeable orbital polisher to good effect to bring them back to near new condition.
I have the same problem at the top of my headlights Kenny suggested getting a bottle of polish for the acrylic looks like jewler's rouge, he us dropping off mops that are mounted on a mandrel that can be mounted into my die grinder.
20200628_085417.jpg

( industrial dremmel)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back