Really ???

Dezi

According to the travel writer in my daily newspaper some of the items that we will NOT be allowed
to take on our Continental travels from 1.1.2021 are =

Meat
milk and other dairy products
cheese, in sandwiches or not
You can bring an unlimited supply of the above back.

Looks like the Calais supermarkets will be on a winner.
Dezi

I'm sure if you were to read another paper it would say the opposite, and a third paper would say something completely different. Will wait and see what things are like at the end of the month or at least when Covid has done one, and we can travel again.

Current rules say that this is correct. Unless new guidelines are issued, I guess this will be applied. Won't be bringing sausages and cheddar with me to Portugal in future of this continues. :(

Sounds like the right way round to me.

I think I would easily prefer to eat the meat, milk and cheese from rural France (or Spain, or Portugal), thank you!

Personally I don't see this as a problem at all? (y) 😋;)

Unless you are someone who always prefers to take your food from home with you in the interest of financial savings (or taste and eating preferences?).

Sounds like the right way round to me.

I think I would easily prefer to eat the meat, milk and cheese from rural France (or Spain, or Portugal), thank you!

Personally I don't see this as a problem at all? (y) 😋;)

Unless you are someone who always prefers to take your food from home with you in the interest of financial savings (or taste and eating preferences?).

Noooooo Marie, our meat's great and the best cheeses in the world.

Quick pop over to Morrison’s at Gibraltar. We love a scone and cream and jam when we go there :) I am British I do like my strong cheddar and bacon as well. No apologies
Think we will wing it at as well at Eurotunel with our contraband 😂🤣😂

Noooooo Marie, our meat's great and the best cheeses in the world.

I quite agree, but I'm just saying I wouldn't find it a great hardship not to take them with me if I was going travelling over the channel.

Wouldn't be the end of the world for me, because the local foodstuffs where you're going can be just as yummy, and in many ways is a big part of the reason why it's so enjoyable to be there - at least it is for me 😋 (y)

In order to find all the contraband cheese and meat hidden away in campervan lockers they're going to have to train up some cheese and meat sniffing border dogs! 😵

Mind you, shouldn't be a difficult job for most dogs... no special training required, perhaps... ? 🤣 😂

I quite agree, but I'm just saying I wouldn't find it a great hardship not to take them with me if I was going travelling over the channel.

Wouldn't be the end of the world for me, because the local foodstuffs where you're going can be just as yummy, and in many ways is a big part of the reason why it's so enjoyable to be there - at least it is for me 😋 (y)

I agree with that Marie. I was thinking more of the long term travellers and ex pats.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back