Really caravans

andyjanet

Daughter texted me this morning @2am
She is a key worker and was heading home after shift at crèche for medical staff children when she passed Two caravans doing a sneaky A14 east to west all loaded up with roof boxes and bikes on the back !! Hope they get a massive fine or vehicles confiscated

Just a thought, could they not be heading home? Plenty of holidaymakers still making their way back, even some of our own members have only just recently got back.
Maybe not, just think it might be worth finding out before feeding them to the wolves....

Where are they going? I thought all the sites were closed and you can hardly wild in a caravan.

Just a thought, could they not be heading home? Plenty of holidaymakers still making their way back, even some of our own members have only just recently got back.
Maybe not, just think it might be worth finding out before feeding them to the wolves....

If they are making their way back now they are far too late. The government advice against foreign travel was published on 17 March.

What about the folk already abroad? Travel restrictions have been making repatriation a bit more drawn out than usual. Just saying its possible, I like to consider all possibilities before making judgement.

Yes sorry if they were making there way home I apologise, I do know of some private sites that are still available as we have been contacted to ask if we needed anywhere, but I bet they are heading off to a private field somewhere for a crafty Easter break and possibly laughing at all the people stuck at home

Cornwall’s cc interviewed this morning. He said those stuck and those in holiday homes that arrived BEFORE the lockdown were probably now better stopping where they are...so either scenario shouldn’t be travelling

What about the folk already abroad? Travel restrictions have been making repatriation a bit more drawn out than usual. Just saying its possible, I like to consider all possibilities before making judgement.
This message was posted on Facebook about a week ago by the British Ambassador to France. He is telling UK citizens that are not normally resident in France that they must now return to UK.

This message was posted on Facebook about a week ago by the British Ambassador to France. He is telling UK citizens that are not normally resident in France that they must now return to UK.

The advice has applied to British nationals normally resident in the UK for some time, to quote;

COVID-19 Exceptional Travel Advisory Notice
As countries respond to the COVID-19 pandemic, including travel and border restrictions, the FCO advises British nationals against all but essential international travel. Any country or area may restrict travel without notice. If you live in the UK and are currently travelling abroad, you are strongly advised to return now, where and while there are still commercial routes available. Many airlines are suspending flights and many airports are closing, preventing flights from leaving.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back