re-registering as a motorhome

transitphil

hey folks,

I've got a great insurance quote from chaucer (anyone any experience of them?) but it requires me to re-register the horsebox as a motorhome.

perfectly reasonable, from where i'm sitting, but how does one go about it?

DVLA?

I'm still suffering 30 degree temperatures out here until middle of July, so it will all need to be done by proxy, which again is do-able.

so please, how is it done?

oh, and fatherjack, if i've not made myself clear in this post, please do feel free to correct me:D

hey folks,

I've got a great insurance quote from chaucer (anyone any experience of them?) but it requires me to re-register the horsebox as a motorhome.

perfectly reasonable, from where i'm sitting, but how does one go about it?

DVLA?

I'm still suffering 30 degree temperatures out here until middle of July, so it will all need to be done by proxy, which again is do-able.

so please, how is it done?

oh, and fatherjack, if i've not made myself clear in this post, please do feel free to correct me:D

Connected? You must be.:confused::confused::confused:

Didn't Chuacer do naughty poems as well? Wouldn't dare quote him on 'ere though, it might disturb some kiddies.;)

Ahh well, I couldn't resist .

http://molcat1.bl.uk/treasures/caxton/record.asp :eek::eek::eek:

Yes - it must be the DVLA.

I'm sure their website will tell you how to do it.

Hi TransitPhil.

You need to apply to the DVLA to change the 'body type' on the V5 to 'motor caravan' The easiest way to do this would be via a local DVLA office if you have one.

It will help if you have evidence such as a description of the changes made to the vehicle, along with Photo's and receipts. After that, it's pot luck as to whether the new V5 comes back changed or you are asked to present the vehicle for a VOSA check (which is free).

reregistering

In view of a post I read asking for feedback, thank you all for this.

I have a DVLA station nearby in Norwich, so will book it in for a check over and re-register at that point. Would be useful to have an expert (!?) look it over, for insurance porpoises.

and yes, jack, very saucy. the miller's tale and is it the franklin's tale (?) from canterbury tales, very bawdy and still very funny. I don't think I'll refer to them in my dealings with the company, however.

thanks again all, will let you know how I get on in a few months.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back