Rapido V68 PVC

At one point I think I contact yourself about your van, and for a month or so it was looking like the one.
But when I saw the Adria 640SLB it became number one.
But ultimately the Rapido offered the kind of things we wanted.
From what I can remember about the Globecar there was no oven, that was one of my must haves.
I also liked the larger gas locker with the duo control, meaning no more changing over cylinders on the Rapido.
Apart from the toilet, I like the van very much, it suits our requirements.
We didn't want a oven, but did want a grill, so SMC fitted a twin hob/grill, I've seen ovens fitted to Globecars, so they must do that at dealers. Our gas locker is quoted as 2x11, but we carry 2x13kg.

We didn't want an oven, but did want a grill, so SMC fitted a twin hob/grill, I've seen ovens fitted to Globecars, so they must do that at dealers. Our gas locker is quoted as 2x11, but we carry 2x13kg.
It’s a great van you have Colin.

I’ll agree with previous post about cupboards coming off, keep an eye on those bolts .
IMG_0630.jpegIMG_1815.jpeg

I don’t understand the part in bold Bill, in auto wouldnt the fridge be on gas if not on hookup so not affecting battery?

I have found even with a victron 30A B2B in winter months it struggles to keep the batteries fully charged when running the fridge on auto. In warmer months it’s fine. This situation is manageable though, and does not present any serious issues.
Something which is a bit unusual (as far as I can make out) is the fridge 12V power by default is only active when the engine is running (that is normal) BUT the 12V power comes via the B2B output (i.e. the Leisure Battery). Normally the Fridge 12V supply is connected to the Starter Battery.
So when the B2B is not staying on consistently due to the Smart Alternator, the Fridge is then drawing off the Leisure without it being replenished sufficiently by the B2B/Alternator.
I really dislike Smart Alternators - they are just so unsuitable for Motorhomes.

It’s a great van you have Colin.
We all have our likes/dislikes when it comes to layouts, when we first saw a Campscout knew it was the van for us, I said we'd keep the van for 10 years before changing, in the following 13 years we've looked at other vans and not seen anything which has 'grabbed' our attention, do quite like the 2 berth version of Carthago Compactline 143, but going away from a PVC with it's large SLD has always held us back from buying one.

We all have our likes/dislikes when it comes to layouts, when we first saw a Campscout knew it was the van for us, I said we'd keep the van for 10 years before changing, in the following 13 years we've looked at other vans and not seen anything which has 'grabbed' our attention, do quite like the 2 berth version of Carthago Compactline 143, but going away from a PVC with it's large SLD has always held us back from buying one.
I much prefer driving my PVC Colin.
It’s much like driving a car.
And Fiat have added some great driving aids and safety features to their new vans.
When I talk about my choice of van, I always try to remember it’s just my choice.
Others will prefer a rear lounge based on the British layout, and other types of extras.
That’s why all these different vans are available, for all those different tastes and requirements. I thought your van was well built when I got inside it, just as ours is.

Something which is a bit unusual (as far as I can make out) is the fridge 12V power by default is only active when the engine is running (that is normal) BUT the 12V power comes via the B2B output (i.e. the Leisure Battery). Normally the Fridge 12V supply is connected to the Starter Battery.
So when the B2B is not staying on consistently due to the Smart Alternator, the Fridge is then drawing off the Leisure without it being replenished sufficiently by the B2B/Alternator.
I really dislike Smart Alternators - they are just so unsuitable for Motorhomes.
Ouch, that doesn’t sound good to me. I have never had an AES fridge or a smart alternator in a van so it’s only what I read in here. Can the feed not be swapped over from habitation to starter? Presumably they have done this to fudge emissions or some other figures?

Back