Rapido Central Door Locking

Alshymer

Hi
I am having a problem with the central door locking on my Rapido650F.
The habitation door will not lock on the remote control key.
It will lock and unlock manually though.
Any ideas anyone.
Thanks

I had the same problem on our 9048. It turned out to be one of the wires that came from the body and into the door and to the lock which had worn and parted new wire sorted it. But of course the door inner pannel need removal to get access

I can hear the mechanism moving though so maybe something mechanical has come adrift rather than electrical?

Thanks for that. Did you manage to fix it yourself?
No, I took it to a garage and they found the fault and put in a stronger better more flexible wire. They took the door panel off and found that there there was not sufficient power to operate the lock. Wasn’t expensive £80 I think. I could hear the mechanism trying to work but didn’t have enough power. Rather like a low battery trying start a car but just not enough omph

Last edited:
I can hear the mechanism moving though so maybe something mechanical has come adrift rather than electrical?

Rather like a low battery trying start a car but just not enough omph

Alshymer from what iandsm says, it could be a low battery causing your problem.

Couple of questions
a) What is your leisure battery voltage ?
b) Do the cab doors lock / unlock using the remote ?

Try connecting to EHU with charger on; waiting 30 minutes and then trying the hab door while connected to EHU.

Let us know the answers to a&b and what happens on EHU, the more we know the better.

Couple of questions
a) What is you leisure battery voltage ?
b) Do the cab doors lock / unlock usng the remote ?

Try connecting to EHU with charger on; waiting 30 minutes and then trying the hab door.

Let us know the answers to a&b and what happens on EHU, the more we know the better.
I thought that at first but the battery was fine and everything else worked fine. The doors are powered from the engine battery so camper started fine and no other issues.

Couple of questions
a) What is your leisure battery voltage ?
b) Do the cab doors lock / unlock using the remote ?

13.4v

Try connecting to EHU with charger on; waiting 30 minutes and then trying the hab door while connected to EHU.

Can’t do that at present but will try.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back