Radio code problem

johnmac185

Hi all you techies out there, i recently had to disconnect battery and had to reset the radio code, after doing so the screen said "wait" so i waited and waited and waited, i gave up and tried to enter code again but could not get "wait " to come off the screen, this was 3 days ago, i have tried disconnecting battery again still the same on screen, anyone any idea how to get this cured!!!! John

Hi all you techies out there, i recently had to disconnect battery and had to reset the radio code, after doing so the screen said "wait" so i waited and waited and waited, i gave up and tried to enter code again but could not get "wait " to come off the screen, this was 3 days ago, i have tried disconnecting battery again still the same on screen, anyone any idea how to get this cured!!!! John

Try leaving it disconnected for a good few days ... I have also heard an "Auld Wife's Tale" that putting it in your freezer will help it "lose" the coded feature, but I have my doubts about that.

It might help if you mention the kind of radio etc.

Try leaving it disconnected for a good few days ... I have also heard an "Auld Wife's Tale" that putting it in your freezer will help it "lose" the coded feature, but I have my doubts about that.

It might help if you mention the kind of radio etc.

If it helps you decide it is a Blaupunkt, no model no. available and the 'van is a Peugeot Boxer/ Autosleeper inca 2005,,,

Last edited:
If it helps you decide it is a Blaupunkt, no model no. available and the 'van is a Pueguet Boxer/ Autosleeper inca 2005,,,

I had a Partner van and Peugeot were very helpful when I had problems getting the code for the radio ... They might be able to advise you over the phone. Other than that, I'm sorry, I can't offer anything else.

Try Googling the problem, you might find the solution on a forum somewhere.

Also found this:

Waiting time depends on how many times an incorrect code has been tried, and could be up to 24 hours as it the table below.

The radio and ignition needs to be left on continuously for the waiting time. If you switch either off too soon, the waiting time starts again.

code.JPG

If its the radio that was fitted in factory the Peugeot supplying dealer usually has the code, But if they have to go to Peugeot for it there's usually a charge which they have to pay which they'll pass on to you no doubt

Radios are so cheap on ebay now so just buy a new one for around £15 :wave::wave::wave:

If you remove the radio you should find a sticker with the code at the rear of the radio

Alf

If its the radio that was fitted in factory the Peugeot supplying dealer usually has the code, But if they have to go to Peugeot for it there's usually a charge which they have to pay which they'll pass on to you no doubt

Thanks witzend, i have the correct code now just can't get in to enter it,,,

Thanks to all who supplied their ideas re my radio code problem, the one that works for me was the leaving the radio powered up for a while then the screen went on to allow me to enter the code,,,thanks again,,,,John

Thanks to all who supplied their ideas re my radio code problem, the one that works for me was the leaving the radio powered up for a while then the screen went on to allow me to enter the code,,,thanks again,,,,John

Nice to know you got the solution ... we can file this one as solved.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back