quiet weekend near Yeovil

delicagirl

Hi everyone - i am hoping to find a quiet spot within 10ish miles of Yeovil to overnight for an undisturbed writing weekend.... any recomendations please ?

thanks

Hi everyone - i am hoping to find a quiet spot within 10ish miles of Yeovil to overnight for an undisturbed writing weekend.... any recomendations please ?

thanks
You can try the Crown and Victoria @ Tintinhul which is in the POI, or you can shack up with Yeoblade (Julian), both of which I can recommend:lol-049:. The pub stop as mentioned is good as I stayed there mid summer and its walking distance to a NT property.

You can try the Crown and Victoria @ Tintinhul which is in the POI, or you can shack up with Yeoblade (Julian), both of which I can recommend:lol-049:. The pub stop as mentioned is good as I stayed there mid summer and its walking distance to a NT property.

that might just prevent any writing getting done !!!!! thanks for the recommendation for the pub

(p.s. if you have personal experience of shacking up with J you might wish to enlighten us - marks out of 10 maybe ?)

that might just prevent any writing getting done !!!!! thanks for the recommendation for the pub

(p.s. if you have personal experience of shacking up with J you might wish to enlighten us - marks out of 10 maybe ?)
He snores!!!

This Google Maps

is at the back end of a Trading Estate, though other than trucks, I'm not to sure what inspration you would get here for writing. Local facilities would include, Gym , Recycling center (dump) , KFC, and Yeovil T FC (away this weekend)

This Google Maps

is at the back end of a Trading Estate, though other than trucks, I'm not to sure what inspration you would get here for writing. Local facilities would include, Gym , Recycling center (dump) , KFC, and Yeovil T FC (away this weekend)

Thanks for all your suggestions on this thread - sadly i was not able to get to Yeovil as a friend locally was ill and i needed to be around home for a few days to assist. but i will save these ideas for future visit.

This Google Maps

last time i did this was in Scotland - i arrived lateish on a Sunday, beautifully quiet, i spent an hour or two watching bunnies wandering about looking for food. Next morning i woke up to a queue of builders at my door !!! shucks they were actually queuing for the Mobile Fast Food Van whose normal parking spot i was in, and who had to park a little ways up the road !! They were really lovely actually and offered to move their SnackVan if i could not get out .. which i could - after i'd bought a bonny bacon buttie off them.

I'm not sure where you are at the moment but if close to Ilfracombe at any time drop in and I'll see if I can sort your solar charging out. Give me a ring first as I don't live on site and may be away.

I'm not sure where you are at the moment but if close to Ilfracombe at any time drop in and I'll see if I can sort your solar charging out. Give me a ring first as I don't live on site and may be away.

Thank you so much Roger... i will send you a PM

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back