Question for those using French Reglo data SIM card

They will not deactivate the card completely for a significant time (many months - not sure off the cuff whether more or less than 12). However, if you reactivate, they will charge for outstanding months based on the last bundle that you had in place. Better to buy a new card next year unless you find RWG or Popit a more attractive alternative. (RWG and Popit have the advantage that you are roaming and can connect to any available network, whereas with Réglo Mobile you are tied to SFR while in France and if they have no coverage or inadequate bandwidth (which I have encountered in some places) you have poor or no Internet.
So, you’re saying that if not used for 3-4-5 months when back in UK, they charge for those months when you ‘re-load’ for the next visit?

Don’t attempt to top up an expired Reglo card. Whilst your online account remains open and you are able to top up the SIM card phone number, the money goes into a black hole and the card is not reactivated.

This is unlike my Spanish Masmovil SIM card that was activated even after 5 months of non use. But it only gave me 20GB of roaming data in France before restrictions set in.

Best to pick up a new Reglo Sim if a previous one has not been used for a while. In hindsight I would have taken up the €1.50 per month option to keep the Reglo card open at a cost of €13.50 over a 9 month period which is a small price to pay to not go through the hassle of picking up a new Reglo SIM at a cost of €5 (overall difference €8.50 per year to maintain account with old SIM).

Don’t attempt to top up an expired Reglo card. Whilst your online account remains open and you are able to top up the SIM card phone number, the money goes into a black hole and the card is not reactivated.

This is unlike my Spanish Masmovil SIM card that was activated even after 5 months of non use. But it only gave me 20GB of roaming data in France before restrictions set in.

Best to pick up a new Reglo Sim if a previous one has not been used for a while. In hindsight I would have taken up the €1.50 per month option to keep the Reglo card open at a cost of €13.50 over a 9 month period which is a small price to pay to not go through the hassle of picking up a new Reglo SIM at a cost of €5 (overall difference €8.50 per year to maintain account with old SIM).
Not sure that that option to keep the Reglo Mobile SIM open at minimal cost is available any more.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back