Question for fellow full timers

That sounds ideal but I hadn’t seen anything similar only single sections and much longer. I have the option of leaving it in a storage container if it is heavy but will see when it arrives 👍

The problem with a surveyors ladder is that you need to lubricate the bits that slide into each other, or they stick. But apart from that, they're great.
With the telescopic ones, it's best not to use them in the rain. If water gets in, they're harder to open and shut. But apart from that and the weight, they're great. Compact in storage, stable (if bouncy) in use.

Not sure if what I am picturing is a surveyors ladder but in the past I have seen small section ladders that had narrow steps. The ones I am thinking of had your feet almost together. If that is a surveyors ladder it wouldn’t have done me without hopping up as I can’t get my feet very close together. I have committed now anyway but it’s giving strong winds and rain until at least going dark so when they arrive they will have to wait until tomorrow. I will report back on their usefulness once used 👍

Not sure if what I am picturing is a surveyors ladder but in the past I have seen small section ladders that had narrow steps. The ones I am thinking of had your feet almost together. If that is a surveyors ladder it wouldn’t have done me without hopping up as I can’t get my feet very close together. I have committed now anyway but it’s giving strong winds and rain until at least going dark so when they arrive they will have to wait until tomorrow. I will report back on their usefulness once used 👍
Ive got the telescopic version myself, yes weighs about 10kg Id say if that, but veeeery useful, cleaning panels, doing jobs, helping others etc, the small storage and ease of use outs the weight perspective down the list for me.

Plus if anything in my van needed to lose a couple of kilos or more, i should be looking at myself :p

I don't remember it being narrow, but it was a long time ago.
My telescopic is a pair of steps that reaches the roof (so must be about 3 metres high) but can fold out to about 6 metres straight. Definitely too heavy to take in the boot, but very handy otherwise.
If you have room to store it, I think a lightweight stepladder is probably the ideal.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back