Queensferry Crossing

bobj808

Free Member
Wow, what a disaster. I left home near Edinburgh at 1.30pm on Friday and sat in a 3 mile queue northbound on the approach which took around an hour to actually reach the bridge - traffic then flowed across no problem. The jumping off the page problem are the three lanes which run for a mile just before the bridge - the nearside lane is clearly marked as the Bo'ness slip (Talking Heads - Road to Nowhere). However all the smart arses - cars, artics et al use this lane to jump the queue (which is of their making as you'll see) saving themselves 15 to 30 minutes - on with their offside indicators and there are so many kind, I'll call them stupid, drivers who then stop to let them in, causing the whole nearside lane to stop causing the resultant tailbacks. I saw a lot of sensible motorists wouldn't let them in so they just continue up the slip road, across the overhead roundabout and back down the slip to join the bridge further ahead. The whole Bo'ness slip is a solid stream of cheaters who are exacerbating the traffic flow which is pretty fragile anyway. Now I'm no civil engineer but it doesn't take a degree to know that this would happen. Now cats' eyes cones right along the exit slip road or double white lines with cameras and associated fines/points would solve that part. Clear signage showing if you use the slip then use the roundabout above to rejoin the bridge traffic (queue jumping) will result in similar penalties. Then the traffic will flow as it should. Simples. I came south on Sunday evening about 7pm and similar was happening - you could clearly see the vehicles exiting southbound at the last exit before the bridge, over the roundabout and back up the ramp maybe saving a few minutes, but not as bad as northbound. As we travelled over the bridge, the queue on the northbound approach was horrendous. Transport for Scotland admit the queues are horrendous all day and all evening but said this morning it was only 'the new bridge bedding in'. They don't know that they don't know. My advice to anyone coming north is use Kincardine or come up the west side. You'll sit burning away at your clutch for at least an hour trying to cross. Grr. Bob.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back