Queensferry crossing closed

Sharpie

They said that about the M62. Yes the "all weather motorway". As for bridges, a couple of Wiki links that make fascinating reading for those interested in heroic engineering: Can we still do this sort of great stuff ? Rail bridge (started 1882, completed in just seven years, still going strong and likely to continue): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forth_Bridge Road bridge (the spec. was for a design life of 25 years, well it has exceeded that by far, but wearing out): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forth_Road_Bridge I wonder how well the newer one will hold up ?
An account upgrade is required to view more of this post.

runnach

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-38598155# The Bridge that should never close ! Never say Never ! More SNP propaganda. Tunnel was the way to go.

runnach

A bridge looks pretty :) Not when one is queuing due to inclement weather, which we do get often. Anyways, take out shares with AMEY, they are making a fortune from us tax paying mugs.

Reactions: Alf

Fisherman

Not when one is queuing due to inclement weather, which we do get often. Anyways, take out shares with AMEY, they are making a fortune from us tax paying mugs. Runnach it was a joke, I was stuck in traffic heading for St. Andrews, I was one of those Queuing

The laird

Not when one is queuing due to inclement weather, which we do get often. Anyways, take out shares with AMEY, they are making a fortune from us tax paying mugs. Donโ€™t know why it bothers you runnach you get a nosebleed going out your street Queens crossing?is that no a bridge too far fur u ๐Ÿ˜›

runnach

Runnach it was a joke, I was stuck in traffic heading for St. Andrews, I was one of those Queuing I know it was ๐Ÿ‘

runnach

Donโ€™t know why it bothers you runnach you get a nosebleed going out your street Queens crossing?is that no a bridge too far fur u ๐Ÿ˜› Well, after the report you gave after you did foot inspection o brig before it opened. I try to keep crossing brig for emergencies only. talking o nosebleeds, you better bring plenty tissues to lochore meet. ๐Ÿ‘Š

The laird

When you get taller I take it you mean ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

runnach

When you get taller I take it you mean ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ I'll stand on yer wallet, that should do the trick โœŒ

runnach

I remember the good old days when you had to pay to get into Fife. Rae Tight Gordon would take the detour to the free bridge crossing further up the estuary.

StreetSleeper

Tight Gordon would take the detour to the free bridge crossing further up the estuary. Gordon probably still remembers the boat train. Rae

The laird

I remember the ferry at the hawks from south to north queensferry in my old mans Morris 1100 obviously Iโ€™d be too young to drive but Iโ€™m sure terry can tell us his experience of driving onto the ferry

caledonia

No I am thinking of the boat train that left from Burntisland. Rae The hovercraft from Kirkaldy to Portobello was a good.

The laird

No I am thinking of the boat train that left from Burntisland. Rae I knew I had seen terry b4 he was a boat train child๐Ÿ˜ก

runnach

I remember the ferry at the hawks from south to north queensferry in my old mans Morris 1100 obviously Iโ€™d be too young to drive but Iโ€™m sure terry can tell us his experience of driving onto the ferry Hawks, were you at a bird of prey sanctuary? Or do you mean, Hawes Pier..................pay attention up the back.

runnach

I knew I had seen terry b4 he was a boat train child๐Ÿ˜ก I have my RYA power "boat" ticket, which means, I am "train" to skipper my RHIBS, when I had them. I'll bring my canoe to Lochore, see how you get on ๐Ÿšฃโ€โ™€๏ธ

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:189)

Edina, HurricaneSmith, jerrycan, dunfillin, harrow, oppy, Alshymer, jagmanx, caledonia, Sharon the Cat, katv, helmit, BlueVanMan, ian1950, tidewatcher, jann, vanmandan, cronkle, Yelto, Mick H, Sharpie, jeffmossy, maxsdad, Ian and Cath, The laird, mofish, SimonM, Farman, Val54, runnach, Mandoman, lthoel2, QFour, Derekoak, CherryPirate, Alf, antiquesam, bartman, grahammay2, st3v3, dane, peejay, scampa, Dougr1411, GreggBear, Beemer, shortcircuit, Silver sprinter, lands43, saxonborg, StreetSleeper, peter palance, molly 2, Alberto, Wooie1958, carmel thornton, Waid, channa, clarkpeacock, Terryww, POI Admin, Victor, petermotorhome, colinmd, highlandron, Toffeecat, Nemos Dad, TJBi, r4dent, Bouydog, Shockingdog, Mrs Mossy, Veloman, tipper trucker, Compo, Bigshug, Andysm, Biggarmac, Tonybvi, timatabsa, Fisherman, stockcarman, bobemmo29, hank, Asterix, mjvw, silverweed, spigot, csd4t, Telstar, cornish hymer, Floydster, mistericeman, Herman, bobj808, jeanette, 1807truckman, hg41hs, PawneePilot, wildebus, paulhelenwilko, GeoffL, helen262, fiona68, Chip, Steve C, britcoms, keith49, Lee, ajb70, landoboguy, R0B, sherry, master, pj650, Ted, belbri, sparrks, Jo001, Nidge, maingate, V1nny, watchthis, NSY, Monkeybrand, maureenandtom, in h, davep10000, norman64, COCKY, Mikey1, exwindsurfer, MollsPhot, VandA, Budgie, Fazerloz, toasty, JVG, redtop2, T5paulo, Alcfire, tripper, kensowerby, Gadabout2, mikejay, Greenwayjay, Somerled, mark61, christine, ExRacingRat, Moped, Martin P, Debroos, ATwin, chippythewiz, ironman, Tapfitter, MarkJ, Nowego, Robmac, Dulvil, izwozral, hextal, david0412, DavidRoberts, gid7, hmssnake, gypsy john, disco257, Ladyjane, bjh, sinner, eriksleden, Northumborman, Markd, yorkscol, leepy, HappyWanderer, Alun100, Dethy, dochiley, greenspeace, Greytop, RSD7a, wrp, DAVEY, jackslad, arniemacgyver, samsda,