Queens drive exmouth

antiquesam

Does anybody know when the winter period ends for parking charges? We are thinking of stopping off there the week before Easter and seem to remember that the summer charges were quite steep.

don't know about the sea front as I have a disabled parking permit so stay free. But why not go to the dock. cant remember what they charge but it is not excessive. do you realy want to be in Exmouth. try The common at woodbury, brilliant place for peace and quiet.

I'm planning on going there as well, Queens Drive is quite nice insofar as it is out of the way and it's nice to wake up to the sound of the sea sometimes. I've tried the dock but it does get noisy as all those fishermen go to work at sparrows f*rt.

I have used the area behind the fishmongers (which is who you pay) and found it fine to stay, easy for the shops ,pub and the town. There was a guy who lived permenantly in a self build who also kept an eye on things whilst you were away.

The Car/lorry Park by the bus/railway stations is very cheap and you can stay more than one night.

We've also used the parking by the dock on several occasions & have had a really good time. The pub across the road is really friendly too. I did mention it on here before but got absolutely slated for paying a tenner to park up for the night...we had no problem with it though:eek::cool:

New Parking Restrictions

Hi Guys, just landed at Exmouth to find that new parking restrictions are coming in with motor homes only being allowed in two car parks in the town and then only until 10pm.
The two car parks are Maer Road and Estuary (the one near the railway station). I notice that some of the car park signage hasn't changed yet but East Devon District Council have done the paper work "from 1st April 2014 motor homes are prohibited from parking in East Devon District Council car parks except for the two car parks named above, and then only permitted 8am - 10pm". So if you were planning a trip be prepared. Nice to feel so welcome :-( Dawn.

It's a nice stopover, but not nice enough to get upset about. If we lost sleep over all the lost spots we would soon look old and haggard. Hold on I've just looked in the mirror:eek:

we all ways park at the RNL car park there can be nose till 11 ish but worth it when you wake and here the waves rolling

The pay machines on Queens Drive give a phone number to pay for parking using the automated pay system. We went down in March and spend an overnighter there and when you call to pay the charge is half the price, so paid £5 for 24 hours instead of £10

Various clubs have meets on the rugby ground, outside the rugby season. I don't know what they charge though, but its a great location.

We have 'overnighted' at the very end of the beach prom on many occasions...we would park our rear over the walkway next to a bench so that we wouldn't obstruct people...as they would have to walk around the bench anyway...that way we fitted into the parking bay...it was £5 for a winter stay and £10 in the summer...I wonder if this has changed as well?...we will be very disappointed if it has..:sad::sad:

I just checked east devon council website and yes it came in to force on 1st April. No MH after 10pm.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back