Quarantine on site

MOJO

Free Member
How do full timers manage to quarantine on return to UK?
You need a address to fill in on the form or the goverment will provide accommodation at your cost.
Therefore you must get confirmation from a campsite or cl owner that they are OK for you to quarantine on site before arriving at customs. Food deliveries to a campsite might be a issue. The site owner may have concerns over use of taps, elsan?

I saw something where they said they had to go to the address they use on their driving license. I don’t know what happens if you can’t do that though and no saying what I saw was actual fact.

We are OK as we can go to our home address but it must be a problem for some planning trips abroad.

From other conversations, "No Fixed Abode" is a legal address. Full timers who don't have 'bricks and sticks' addresses can still register to vote, for example. Since HMG want to know your physical location, I suspect that Mailboxes Etc. and other such services can't help and those without a 'bricks and sticks' address might end up getting incarcerated at their expense. Even if you could (say) give GPS co-ordinates or similar location info, how would you arrange supplies during your isolation period? Intriguingly, I wonder then whether the council or police could move you on in those 14 days since moving would be against quarantine regulations! The Government page (linked below) says that hotels or other temporary accommodation are acceptable, so a friendly campsite should be OK -- but how are you going to sort out a fortnight's worth of fresh water, grey and black waste as you are not allowed to visit public areas (even the CDP; and the same goes for wild camping!)

That said, anyone who is full timing with no UK address might want to get the info from the horses mouth, so to speak, by ringing the Government Form and self-isolation helpline on 0800 678 1767 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm). The following government links might also help:
How to self-isolate
Portal to enter contact details online

No one here bothering about any of it,head to N Ireland and you can do as you want from what i see.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back