Quality Built Motorhomes??

Talbot

Is there such a thing. Having had two disastrous experiences including lengthy legal battles with the last two motorhomes, I'm terrified of buying yet another problem vehicle. I'm considering buying again but unsure of what to buy. Is it possible to buy a motorhome that doesn't leak and that has exceptional build quality?

German built and Bavarian imho is the way to go
sorry to say this but it’s the truth
maybe Italian as well

Having only owned one van a ci but worked on countless brands for a living the best quality in terms of build and durability do tend to wear German badges . This is borne out by the travelling community traditionally favouring hobby fends lmc tabbert etc .

That said I took delivery of 6 statics from trigano who are big players and each needed significant alteration to comply with our gas laws ( statics)

So really a case of getting a feel, and edging your bets.

There is a lot to be said if you can find the people or are able yourself to converting your own to bespoke specification. That said without getting involved in re plating there is still an element of considering materials in terms of weight and cost which all the manufacturers to lesser and greater extents consider ,,,,,that is the opinion I have reached

Probably best to look towards the people that do expedition conversions, mainly German based too, but can be found in other countries too.

A well loved 2nd hand oldie
Yep peter,lot of sense in that the vans been snagged,and others taken the biggest hit on depreciation and tax ....Eldiss are a long established name in the touring caravan world who bought buccaneer a very well respected brand , I’m not sure if they ever did Motorhome though . Incidentally still popular with the traveller types and pro rata hold their prices

Is there such a thing. Having had two disastrous experiences including lengthy legal battles with the last two motorhomes, I'm terrified of buying yet another problem vehicle. I'm considering buying again but unsure of what to buy. Is it possible to buy a motorhome that doesn't leak and that has exceptional build quality?

Sorry to hear that Talbot, what a nightmare.
I bought a Chausson and had some initial problems mainly minor, but I did have a leak from the Lounge window.
But the dealer dealt with it, and I had three years of trouble free use after that.
My current van is Italian a Roller Team Pegaso 590.
And the hab door frame was not fitted properly and had to be replaced by the dealer.
And Roller team have compensated me for my expense and hassle by paying for three hab servicing.
But I have to say the build quality looks better than the Chausson,(Although we enjoyed our Chausson) and to date we have had no more problems.
I hope you are luckier with your next van, all the best.

Last edited:
Has to be German.
n&b camper.png

Bavaria is made in the Pilote factory. We have a Pilote, 32 months old. The quality of the fittings is not great, I have to do a lot of running repairs, luckily none too serious.
The real trouble is the design criteria. Most ( all? ) vans are designed for a ten year lifetime of ten weeks a year.
This is 700 nights which is less than two years full time.

If buying a new Fiat do consider the extended guarantee but it MUST be purchased within two weeks of first registration.

Once you find the van you want, join a group for that make On fb and talk to people that have one you will soon see all motorhomes have problems. ALL

Spot on.
My attitude is expect a problem(s) and judge how these problems are dealt with.
The salesman who sold me my current van told me he had been selling motorhomes and caravans for 30 years, and every Motorhome and caravan he ever sold had something wrong.

Wingamm make lovely vans, but of course you pay for the quality compared to more mainstream manufacturers, who these days are just badges on vans made by large groups.
I‘m also impressed by the finish on Moto trek vans, though this can be at the expense of payload in some models.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back