Puncture Safe

Alshymer

Hello
I recently discovered Puncture Safe which is injected into the tyres via Puncture Safe’s pump.
I thought this a great idea so installed it into my new Continental Campers before setting off on a trip to Greece
However it didn’t work out so well as I started to get vibrations on the steering wheel much as one would have when wheels are out of balance.
On our return I took the vehicle to have the wheels balanced but this was impossible to do.
Obviously the product rushing around in the tyres creates off balanced wheels on the move.
I have been in touch with Puncture Safe but they say this cannot happen and my wheels or tyres must be off round.
Strange though that now the product has been removed, no further vibrations occur!!
I would advise against not using this product.
Regards

I had the same problem many years ago when I thought it would be a good idea to fill my van tyres with the stuff, it was horrific on motorways once I got above 50 mph

I used OKO on the bike when it first came out and it failed miserably. When I took the tyre off all the fibres had clumped into little balls and looked like a load of peas.

I put a spry fill im my drivers side wheel as it was leaking pos at rim big problem now as its fooked my tyre pressure sensor up and its stuck at 50 psi even though the tyre is at 70 psi.

Oh dear, they're all cr@p, I had it in my rear tyres, by the previous owner, It jammed the valves couldn't inflate tyres, then rusted the rims out, had to get new rims as they bead wouldn't seal on the rust. A costly experience. Snake oil sellers.

Oh dear, they're all cr@p, I had it in my rear tyres, by the previous owner, It jammed the valves couldn't inflate tyres, then rusted the rims out, had to get new rims as they bead wouldn't seal on the rust. A costly experience. Snake oil sellers.
Should have shotblased/painted the rims, we used to do a lot for taxi boys as they all used it in wheels.

Been using OKO tyre sealant for 50 yrs + can say I've seen evidence of it working in all sizes of tyres without any negative comments Definitely been using it in all my tyres since I could afford to
There are 2 types Agric/Industrial an road use

The father-in-law was constantly getting punctures on his ride on mower, trailer, wheel barrow, flat bed and sack trucks which was a pain in the arse paricularly if it was on the ride on mower or trailer in the bottom field which is several hundred yards from the house so i put Slime in all of them a couple years back.

They all have tubes ( wouldn`t use it in tubleless ) and vibration is not an issue because of the low speeds and you cannot tell it`s even in there.

All good since and he has even said that if any of his garden equipment ever does need a new tyre / tube he wants Slime put in the tube from new.

I've used it in tubeless tyres on horticultural and agricultural machines for decades with no problems. But never tried it on high speed wheels.
Allll the ag tractors used to be limited to 25 mph. But last 20 years or so they'll do 40. But never heard of anyone balancing a wheel on an agricultural machine.

I've used it in tubeless tyres on horticultural and agricultural machines for decades with no problems. But never tried it on high speed wheels.
Allll the ag tractors used to be limited to 25 mph. But last 20 years or so they'll do 40. But never heard of anyone balancing a wheel on an agricultural machine.
Depends on how you use them. 😂
tractor.jpg

Back