Pump Issue & Owners Manual or lack of one

badgerfamily

Hi,

I believe the water on our tank froze and when I tried to pull water through the system with the pump something may have blown or broken. Now I have water in the tank and it won't come out of the taps. The pump makes a noise and normally shuts off, now it just makes a noise and doesn't shut off.

Any guidance would be appreciated. I drive a 1992 Peugeot J5 Pilote. Haven't got a owners manual but would love any pointers to where I can buy one or downlaod for free.

Thanks

It would help if you could let us know the make of your pump. It seems that the pump is working but wont shut down. Is it a pressure pump or a submerged pump?

The pump may be OK, but the suction line between the tank and the pump could still be frozen. Happened on my Hobby where the suction line ran hard up against the uninsulated wheel arch. I had to dismantle half the kitchen to get some heat to it.

If you have easy access to the pump, disconnect the suction line and see if you can blow back through it (you'll hear bubbling in the tank) If you can't then part of the tank contents may still be frozen or the suction line is frozen OR freezing has burst the suction line and the pump is now sucking air.

Don't rush out and buy a new pump until the suction line is proven unblocked and undamaged.

Thanks for the advice, it is a separate pump so I will try removing the suction pipe and giving it a quick blow. Appreciate the response, apologies for late response but we are in France for 5 months with sporadic internet access.

Thanks for the advice, it is a separate pump so I will try removing the suction pipe and giving it a quick blow. Appreciate the response, apologies for late response but we are in France for 5 months with sporadic internet access.

This may be a little more involved than you think. On Pilotes, they normally use a rebadged Shurflow Pump, which has a diaphram mounted on top. This can get easily torn when Ice is involved. As the pump is fitted with a pressure switch and no pressure build up is made, the pump simply will not shut off.
I think you can buy service kits for these pumps, but you will need to get the pressure rating from it.

Rgs

Nick

It's working again!!

Thanks for all the advice, I simply played with the sucking tube to see howe to take it apart and blow in it and I heard a glugging noise which sounded like a blockage clearing. Tried the pump and heh presto the water came out the tap and the pump shut off.

Excellent, I am very pleased. Any advice for the manual would still be greatly appreciated???

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back