Protection after 2nd jab!

Thanks, Colin.

Worth noting.

Be interesting to see how much media coverage this gets re people ending up in hospital after being vaccinated.
I guess the most important factor will be whether they die or not? :unsure:

Reactions: REC
in america ,no mask required after 2nd shot
1621239916191.png

No vaccine is 100%. Just because you have had both doses does not mean you don't need to take precautions. When enough people have been vaccinated you get herd imunity and the virus finds it very difficult to find a host that it can survive in. The one to watch out for is the virus that alters itself in such a way that it is immune to the vaccine. So far we have been lucky and all the variants can be controlled by the vaccine we have. Leaving the UK and travelling to places that still have a lot of virus in the community could lead to a virus that is resistant to the vaccine.

If you do get the virus and have been vaccinated then you stand a far better chance of survival.

No vaccine is 100%. Just because you have had both doses does not mean you don't need to take precautions. When enough people have been vaccinated you get herd imunity and the virus finds it very difficult to find a host that it can survive in. The one to watch out for is the virus that alters itself in such a way that it is immune to the vaccine. So far we have been lucky and all the variants can be controlled by the vaccine we have. Leaving the UK and travelling to places that still have a lot of virus in the community could lead to a virus that is resistant to the vaccine.
The new one from India is not covered, so if you start to have thoughts about curries then attend a doctor. 🤔

Thanks, Colin.

Worth noting.

Be interesting to see how much media coverage this gets re people ending up in hospital after being vaccinated.
I guess the most important factor will be whether they die or not? :unsure:

This is surely the most important question now but there is very little debate or news about it. One things for sure we will find out one way or another in the next few weeks. I thought todays opening was conditional on things remaining the same and cases continuing to decline. Things have not remained the same though, we have a new variant which is spreading rapidly in some areas yet still they went ahead and opened up having delayed way too long in preventing travel from India. I hope its not a case of "here we go again".

Back to the waiting and watching game, Barry.

Everyone just needs to exercise a bit of caution, restraint and a mountain of common sense.

I've just put my name down for the latest meet near Preston in September.
Wondering if I'm asking for trouble going down to that neck of the woods?! 🤞:oops::ROFLMAO:

Back to the waiting and watching game, Barry.

Everyone just needs to exercise a bit of caution, restraint and a mountain of common sense.

I've just put my name down for the latest meet near Preston in September.
Wondering if I'm asking for trouble going down to that neck of the woods?! 🤞:oops::ROFLMAO:
Yes if you still look as good as the avatar, big trouble in the woods.:love:😂😂😂

It was said on the TV News yesterday that the person in Hospital despite 2 jabs was classed as 'frail' and not reasonably healthy anyway.

No doubt social media will be spitting bile at Boris, any excuse will do. :)
It seems fair to assume that it will be the most frail who are most at risk, although at 1st of May 113 people who had a jab have died of CV-19 and there's nobody giving out details. My worry is older frail people thinking it's perfectly safe now.

Statements in the house today...

"There's now 2,323 confirmed cases of B.1617.2 in the UK - 483 of these cases have been seen in Bolton and Blackburn with Darwen, where it's now the dominant strain. Cases there have doubled in the last week and are rising in all age groups.
In Blackburn, hospitalisations are stable with eight people currently in hospital with Covid, and in Bolton 19 people are now in hospital with coronavirus - the majority of whom are eligible for a vaccine but haven't yet had a vaccine.
This shows the new variant is not tending to penetrate into older, vaccinated groups"

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back