Propex heating

WIGGY

hi looking for instructions for propex and carver water heater are they linked together or are they two separate units when i got my van guy showed me them working i can get the heating but not the hot water cheers wiggy

Although they are both fueled by LPG they will be completely seperate units - hence one working and one not. My old caravan Carver had mains and gas connections so after about 20mins on hook-up we had 'free' hot water!

hi looking for instructions for propex and carver water heater are they linked together or are they two separate units when i got my van guy showed me them working i can get the heating but not the hot water cheers wiggy

The Propex is for heating the van and uses gas for heat and 12v for the blower etc.
The Carver is for hot water, the one in my van uses either mains electric or gas (or both if you want hot water in a hurry) Mine is switched on all the time so that it comes on when I plug the mains in, there is a switch in a cupboard if I want to use it on gas.

HTH
Frank

propex

thanks for replies will need to go into van and work out whats what i asumed there were two separate units but can only find one unless they are sitting side by side and i thought it was the one unit :(

thanks for replies will need to go into van and work out whats what i asumed there were two separate units but can only find one unless they are sitting side by side and i thought it was the one unit :(

The Carver unit looks like this: Leisureshopdirect.com

It will have this bit showing on the outside of the van:
http://www.leisureshopdirect.com/LargeImagePageNoSpecs.aspx?image_id=16550&shop=caravan

The control for the gas operation should look similar to this
Leisureshopdirect.com

The control for the propex will have a two way rocker switch and a thermostat control similar to this
http://www.calormarineshop.co.uk/focus-on/images/big/propex-1800-thermostat.jpg

HTH
Frank

Last edited:
cheers frank thats exactly what ive got im probally doing something stupid cheers

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back