propex 1600 problems..!!! erghhhh

I agree, Propex needs a good 12v supply to run. When I got my last van it had a US leisure battery and propex wouldn't fire up. Bought a new leisure battery and Bingo - heating!

Well, ya live & learn, yet another heating system to avoid then!!! :rolleyes2:

You will all be pleased to know the heater is working...!!!!!!...yipeee After doing every check that i could google without success, i sat and went through a process of elimination, i knew my battery was ok and that i had enough gas, but then i remembered that the seating had collapsed in the summer right on top of the gas manifold switch...!!!!!!!...Culprit...one broken switch.....!!!!!

Now at least ill be warm on my travels

Thanks guys for all your help once again!!

Yay well done you! Does this mean you're out and about again? Do hope so!:wave:

Yay well done you! Does this mean you're out and about again? Do hope so!:wave:

not quite out and about i go to pick new leg up on wednesday...and it still hasnt quite healed ..but im getting ready so
that as soon as i can im off....lol

see you did nt need help in the finish ...nice job mini............ RESPECT

not quite out and about i go to pick new leg up on wednesday...and it still hasnt quite healed ..but im getting ready so

I feel a mini meet coming on. A Daisymini meet! :)

See you in Caerphilly then Sue.

well done mate,good to hear about your leg and the heater,if you're coming to Wales,drive Caerphilly

well done mate,good to hear about your leg and the heater,if you're coming to Wales,drive Caerphilly

:lol-049::lol-049::lol-049::lol-049::lol-049::lol-049::lol-049::lol-049::lol-049: that had me in fits...!!!....lol

I had a very similar problem to this with exactly the same model and finally it turned out to be a dry solder joint on the remote thermostat / control pcb. This gave me one of those really hard to find intermittent problems (also just to make it even more infuriating it worked fine in warm weather and was worse when the weather was cold!!) and I was convinced it was the main unit, but re-soldering the pad on the back of the pcb solved the problem and its probably not where you would think to look. For me it was obvious which pad was 'dry' but if you cant see any obvious sign then try dabbing them all with a soldering iron to see if it makes a difference. The unit is pretty easy to remove and dismantle but let me know if its a problem.

So worth a look and if you send the unit back to Propex then send them the thermostat/control unit as well so they can test with a known good unit.

Hope that helps

Chris

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back