Problems with Thetford C250 flush

campingfun

Problems with Thetford C250 not flushing. Any help would be much appreciated.
Fuse at the back of the pull-out waste container is lit.
I have replaced the small motherboard on the post also at the back of the container which detects the waste capacity.
I have replaced the switch motherboard on the top of the toilet itself, and finally have replaced the pump accessed from the back of the container cavity. Still no flush.
Can anyone suggest what may be the problem now?

What about the 12v valve which is situated in the cassette chamber.
Have you checked that water is reaching the valve.
If not you may have a blockage.
But I know that these valves sometimes go faulty.

The pipe where it draws water up there is a one way valve if that doesn't work it won't draw water up or if that pipe has fallen off. Good luck

Does the flush come from the main fresh water tank - if so is there any water in it?

I have known people get caught out by that before.

Is the pump running? If not that might have been what needed repair-replacement.
If yes then it could be a blocked pipe or too much lift problem
I ran the reservoir dry once (different model) and had to trim it right up to get the pump primed - then it was away again.

Thanks to all for your suggestions which I will investigate.
I appreciate your interest and willingness to help.

Usual cause of non flushing C250 / 260 is the impeller is jammed by black gunge. Black gunge is caused by using pink fluid in the flush tank and not draining.

Fix is to remove the impeller / clean the impeller / drain the tank a couple of times by flushing (drain tube is too small for gunge to get out).

The work is a lot simpler than it sounds (I've done it - no new parts needed ).

There are many youtube videos. e.g.
&
Good luck.

May not be relevant, but have an issue with the fan on the same system, was told by an engineer that they have a habit of failing , apparently a system fault. He said forget the fan and as long as it flushes don't worry .Motherboard in the back of the pan was working .

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back