problems with fridge not getting cold

backsoon

hi folks
new to this motorhome lark, just bought a hymer 644 ,95
so lots of things still a mystery.
when we got it it hadnt been used for a while, had some probs with getting hot water which was sorted, one thing that transpired was the reg on the gas was wrong and was changed from 37 mbar to 50. since then the fridge , which previously worked doesnt get cold,although it lights as i can feel the heat at the outside vent.any thoughts on the matter would be very welcome.cheers

Firstly Hello and welcome.

50 mbar sounds very high to me ...I thought butane was approx 28 mbar propane 33 or 38 cant remember mbar ....all in effect regulated by a regulator ( hence its name)

I am not technically minded but 50 mbar sounds way off the scale.Possibly too much pressure.

I am sure someone will pop along and make sense of it all for you and my personal curiosity.

technical issues are a pain in the butt, but soon outweighed when you hit a spot you can camp and be self indulgent.

Your mechanical issues I assure you are a minor irritant when you experience the llifestyle a motorhome offers.

( my opinion of course, always someone that wants to upset the apple cart )

Channa

confusing

hi its all a bit confusing
the previous owner was obviously running fridge and boiler on 37 (propane)
a reputable caravan workshop said it should be changed to 50 and that the boiler had probably been inefficient for years.it does say on it 50 and also in the fridge as far as i can make out (its in german) 50. the manual says 37 for both, is it that its a german van with an english manual? confused .com

I am no expert But it takes quite a while for a fridge to get cool on gas, thats why i plug into the mains to get the fridge cool before leaving home.
You probably have already tried it for a good while on gas, if you have just ignore my post.:cool:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back