Problem with truma water heater

When I open the frost valve on mine, the heater and the entire water tank empty...

And that will happen with all taps off so air is getting in somewhere for that to happen otherwise it would be like turning a bottle full of water capped with a small hole in the cap upside down - lots of glugging but not much flow.

MR34150-01.jpg

Outlet fitting for Truma Ultrastore- for flexible piping

Hot water outlet connection for Truma Ultrastore. Connects to 1/2" flexible piping. Includes clear tubing for vent.
There is another version for JohnGuest tubing

That is the part that i have changed and you are right it is an air pipe but in the connector there is a valve which had popped out on mine so not allowing the system to pressurise as it was just pushing the water out of the clear pipe.

That is the part that i have changed and you are right it is an air pipe but in the connector there is a valve which had popped out on mine so not allowing the system to pressurise as it was just pushing the water out of the clear pipe.
Similar thing happened to me. Cheap nasty RV stuff. I was a long way from any spare parts place so I shoved it all back together and it has been OK for two years. I suspect it is jammed together and won't ever work as an air inlet valve again - but as long as it doesn't function as a water outlet valve, I don't care.

RVs here aren't fitted with frost protection valves so it is unlikely to matter.

That's because it is warm there not Freezing like we get here I will make sure mine is fully drained down this year after nearly getting caught out last year.

The Hobby is stored in Germany so I have had to learn all about winterising from this and similar forums. Usually learn the best tricks from those who have made the big mistakes and are kind enough to admit them so others can learn the easy way.

Come March i will refill the tanks and turn the pump on and hope it shuts off pretty soon after. If not, I'll know my winterising wasn't as thorough as I thought it was.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back