Problem with Satellite Finder

Justjack

Free Member
Could anyone please offer any advice before we fork out for a replacement? We have a Teleco Voyager Digimat system. The satellite finder (DSF80E) has become faulty, well out of warranty, and we're looking at about £136 (cheapest we've found so far) to replace it.

Using the satellite finder we can find the correct location but when it's switched off we get a "no signal" message on TV. We have tried removing the cable from the dish and digibox and joining them together but still no signal to TV.

Sorry if this is a bit confusing but any advice from someone with a bit if experience would be appreciated.

Yvonne

I am a bit confused but for your telly to receive a signal it would have to pass thru your digibox. I don,t ever use a sat finder usualy just look to see where other dishs are pointing. I use a maxview manual with a maxview receiver which is very quick to respond when the dish passes a signal unlike some sky receivers imo

I am a bit confused but for your telly to receive a signal it would have to pass thru your digibox. I don,t ever use a sat finder usualy just look to see where other dishs are pointing. I use a maxview manual with a maxview receiver which is very quick to respond when the dish passes a signal unlike some sky receivers imo

Ah, we just have the digibox so I wonder if the sat finder is also a receiver? If that's the case the sat finder would have to be in the loop to get a picture. I think we'll need to contact original supplier for advice. Thanks for your reply Witzend, much appreciated.

Yvonne

Could anyone please offer any advice before we fork out for a replacement? We have a Teleco Voyager Digimat system. The satellite finder (DSF80E) has become faulty, well out of warranty, and we're looking at about £136 (cheapest we've found so far) to replace it.

Using the satellite finder we can find the correct location but when it's switched off we get a "no signal" message on TV. We have tried removing the cable from the dish and digibox and joining them together but still no signal to TV.

Sorry if this is a bit confusing but any advice from someone with a bit if experience would be appreciated.

Yvonne

We have the same system, i could try and help you diagnose the fault if you like.

Stu

Hi Jack

I am not familiar with your system so cant help with that part.

But for satellite alignment if you have a I phone or android you could download an app such as dish align free of charge.

use the app on the phone adjacent to the sat dish and it will tell all you need to know. I put my phone on the lnb arm and keep an ear out for when in the zone.

2 minutes max to tune wherever I have turned up ...bit longer first couple of times getting a grip but it really is quite easy

Channa

That's very useful Channa, thank you for the tip, I haven't heard of this app but will certainly give it a try

Solution!

We've just rang the original supplier of of satellite system, which in hindsight we should have done first. The guy was extremely helpful, after explaining the problem he told us it wasn't the satellite finder that was the problem but the receiver. After opening the receiver unit up, you can see a tiny burnt section which must be the culprit, possibly a power surge. This is great news as we now won't be wasting money on the wrong part.

The problem happened on our last long trip and we were convinced it was the sat finder, an electrical engineer in a nearby van had a poke around and also came to this conclusion. Anyway, need to order a new receiver and pick someone's brain regarding using a USB hard drive in the van, that'll be a new thread though.

Yvonne

We've just rang the original supplier of of satellite system, which in hindsight we should have done first. The guy was extremely helpful, after explaining the problem he told us it wasn't the satellite finder that was the problem but the receiver. After opening the receiver unit up, you can see a tiny burnt section which must be the culprit, possibly a power surge. This is great news as we now won't be wasting money on the wrong part.

The problem happened on our last long trip and we were convinced it was the sat finder, an electrical engineer in a nearby van had a poke around and also came to this conclusion. Anyway, need to order a new receiver and pick someone's brain regarding using a USB hard drive in the van, that'll be a new thread though.

Yvonne

Sounds like you have had a result , happy days

Channa

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back