Problem with PC Board Rapido 997M

lilysadie

Free Member
Has anyone out there had this problem? When I start the engine on my Rapido, there is a loud beep from the door panel which presumably tells you the alternator is charging. Along with the beep, a message briefly displays the word 'Start'. Usually, this is all that happens until the next time you start the engine. However, recently, this beeping has been almost continuous whilst the engine is either on tickover or whilst driving. On further investigation, this seems to be linked with the 12V fridge relay, which chatters in and out with the beeping. I think this requires a new PCB Board as the relays are not interchangeable. Any advice most welcome.

Last edited:
Has anyone out there had this problem? When I start the engine on my Rapido, there is a loud beep from the door panel which presumably tells you the alternator is charging. Along with the beep, a message briefly displays the word 'Start'. Usually, this is all that happens until the next time you start the engine. However, recently, this beeping has been almost continuous whilst the engine is either on tickover or whilst driving. On further investigation, this seems to be linked with the 12V fridge relay, which chatters in and out with the beeping. I think this requires a new PCB Board as the relays are not interchangeable. Any advice most welcome.

I assume by saying the relays are not interchangeable you mean they are soldered on rather than plugged in? If so, try and prove it's the relay by unsoldering (check for dry joint on relay by resoldering first) the relay and testing, and if it is faulty, look up on the CPC Farnell website the rating and pin spacing and you should be able to purchase a replacement for a few quid. That of course you have a soldering iron.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back