Problem with floor

dogs

hi, I am trying to replace the carpet in my cherokee. I have a problem, you know the thing that the tube goes into for the table. A round thingy in the floor. how the hell does it come off. I have removed all the screws and yet it still does not want to come out.

Thanks in advance

Rob:mad:

I have no idea how to remove the thingy me jig !!!

But a tip from my experience if I may considering my cohort is a gsd. ( and your handle is DOGS!!!!)

Consider laminate flooring.!!! easily swept and more hound friendly.

On site, quick sweep with a brush and a flash cloth all is good again ...carpets are not as durable re accidents heavy wear and tear in my opinion.

Perhaps worthy of consideration thats all.

P.s I have a sheepskin rug to keep the tootsies warm on colder mornings

Channa

it's possible that after your vehicle was finish it was undersealed with high grade underseal to give a longer life to the chassis, this stuff set's like rock, so may be just held in with that, you may need to get under to free it off

Thanks guys, Simong thought i might end up getting dirty mate. Channa i'm replacing the carpet with some rubber tiles. I aggree better and cleaner. Must climb under this rascle tomorrow and see what the craic is.

Thanks again guys.

ps hope the job thing picks up for you both:)

hi, I am trying to replace the carpet in my cherokee. I have a problem, you know the thing that the tube goes into for the table. A round thingy in the floor. how the hell does it come off. I have removed all the screws and yet it still does not want to come out.

Thanks in advance

Rob:mad:

Hi Rob,
the last one that I removed was stuck in with silicone adesive, ease a long blade (Stanley type) under the rim, all the way around the diameter, then gently ease up, so as not to do any damage to the floor, good luck.

Happy Camping:)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back