Private HGV?

i think an artic unit weighing 6.5 tons and not adapted to carry goods ie, no fifth wheel can be classed as private hgv and driven on a car licence
same goes for a bus if not used for the intended purpose caan be driven on a car licence and taxed as a private car

i think an artic unit weighing 6.5 tons and not adapted to carry goods ie, no fifth wheel can be classed as private hgv and driven on a car licence
same goes for a bus if not used for the intended purpose caan be driven on a car licence and taxed as a private car

It would depend on the year the driver passed his/her test.

private hgv

I had a old Iveco converted rig a few years ago.......I think it was a converted snap on tools affair........It waz phgv for tax, and my car licence covered it......well converted inside.....especially the toilet/shower compartment.......Only difficult bit waz trying to get a garage that cud put it up on hoist for mot.........but...me/us being a resourceful breed found one....
Wunder where it is now.......still had years o running in it......

Private HGV

A vehicle that has a GVW in excess of 3,500 kgs should be taxed as a Private HGV. The number of motorhomes I see that clearly weigh over 3,500 and are taxed PLG is staggering. My Dodge weighs in excess of 5 tons and was a PLG, I got it weighed and took weight cert, tax disc and reg document to the DVLA, they issued a new disc immediately and I got a new reg document showing the weight and the new taxation class, I think it's T10. It's all explained on the DVLA site. Also Private HGV tax is much cheaper and it only cost £10 to get it weighed. My Dodge had been wrongly taxed since 73; if only I could have got a rebate.
PeterP
Bristol

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back