Powering 12 volt only appliances whilst in the house?

The Meerkat

Recently I have been enjoying the pleasure of using my LCD both in the kitchen and when away touring as its 12v and mains

Now what I have is a vast amount of 12 volt only appliances, such as the wifes hairdryer, BBQ grill and cool box that I would be looking to use in the house whilst not touring

So I suppose what I am looking for is the reverse of an inverter, rather than going from DC to AC, I would want it to convert AC to DC, I found this APP-300 (300 watts should be plenty) on the net and was wondering if anyone has ever been in the same tangle as myself

Thanks

:confused:

I use one of them for numerous jobs around the house and in the workshop - a good piece of kit. Sometimes Amperor have one on Ebay at about £18. They only have a couple of 120w ones on at the moment.

For small items try an old CB power supply, 12v 5amp (60w) £5

For small items try an old CB power supply, 12v 5amp (60w) £5

But no use for "Now what I have is a vast amount of 12 volt only appliances, such as the wifes hairdryer, BBQ grill and cool box that I would be looking to use in the house whilst not touring":D

Many thanks oldie - Theres one that runs out on E-bay tomorrow so Ill keep my open eyes for it :)

Last edited:
I see you won it winner[1].gif

Yeah, its champion, it came next day as well so very impressed :)

I also took the smaller more portable APP-120 , or the "little brother" as its termed - Just a snip at £7.95

MK:)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back