Power Steering Dropped Fluid

Don't you qualify for the 6 months MOT extension everyone has been given if your mot ran out after march this year

No, unfortunately out MOT died on the 27th of March. Don’t ask me for a lottery forecast. 🤣

Cheers

H

Different rules here in N. Ireland. Our MOTs are carried out at government test centres.

Davy

So, Mike the mechanic turned up today and found corroded solid pipes were the cause of the fluid loss. Tomorrow I’m off to the local hydraulic workshop to have new ones made. Common fault on vans of this vintage apparently. Twenty quid so far but I had the pleasure of not rolling around under the van.

58384906-C0F3-445F-89A8-083CFF43CCFF.jpeg

Cheers

H

Steel pipes all do that after a few yearS , I do mine in copper base kunnifer pipe.

Yes, when we had the same thing on the Hymer the lads in the garage had kunnifer pipes made up in the shipyard. One of the plus points of living in a one horse engineering town.

Cheers

H

Is it right it only shows just before it runs out
Seven days before it seems ...
Correct, I checked mine just over a week ago because it was due on 21/05/20, it was still showing the same expiry date, it is now showing 21/09/20 as the expiry date so for me one down two to go, this will give me the chance to spread them out instead of all three within a Month

Yes, when we had the same thing on the Hymer the lads in the garage had kunnifer pipes made up in the shipyard. One of the plus points of living in a one horse engineering town.

Cheers

H
Lucky its not a french engineering town or they would have eaten the horse. :eek:

Correct, I checked mine just over a week ago because it was due on 21/05/20, it was still showing the same expiry date, it is now showing 21/09/20 as the expiry date so for me one down two to go, this will give me the chance to spread them out instead of all three within a Month

21/11/20 surely?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back