power inverter

ChrisBirchy

Hi does anyone know the calculations to work out what size inverter is needed to power a micrwave, and my wife would like to know if anyone has found 12volt hair straighteners tha work
thanks CHRIS Birchy

Hi does anyone know the calculations to work out what size inverter is needed to power a micrwave, and my wife would like to know if anyone has found 12volt hair straighteners tha work
thanks CHRIS Birchy

The microwave should have its wattage clearly stated. Just get an inverter which is a couple of hundred watts bigger,

You need an inverter with about 50% more output than your microwave. You then need to ensure you have sufficient battery capacity to run it along with some very heavy duty wiring.

I have a 2 kW inverter for an 850w microwave and 2 X 110 A/h batteries which when running is about 40 amps from each battery, which will soon drain them.

Cant help with tongs

inverter

Hi we use a 350 watt inverter for the tv sat dvd phone chargers and hair straightners its was just a cheap one from argos on offer for £20 works perfect for these units but you will need at least a 2kw inverter for the microwave as they draw a very large amount of power to get them started (usually double there rating if not more).
You would be better using the oven for heating things up as the ampage from the microwave would flatten your batteries in no time

I don't know if anyone is interested but we bought a slow cooker from Tesco's £16. We run it off a 1kw inverter which I fixed close to the sink. The cooker sits perfectly in the sink and we cook as we are moving. As there are only 2 of us we can cook enough for 2/3 days dinners. Admittedly we are restricted in what we can cook, but it is ideal for rice dishes, stews, pasta and my favourite, corned beef hash,

or...

you can be a total numpty ..(like what i is)... and buy a 600 inverter and an 800 microwave. :confused:

it works... but you can watch the battery drain...:eek:
scrambled egg or warming up soup is about all it can cope with.:eek: (1x 110 battery)

anything else and out comes the genny :cool: if not hooked up

regards;)
aj

as fer heated thongs.... i'm warm enough thanks :D

An inverter to power a microwave will be expensive. Another option might be to consider a 12v microwave which can run on either 230vAC mains, direct from a 12v battery or via 12v (20amp) lighter socket. I have one, a Wavebox, and it works well for me giving an output of about 425W from 230v mains or the 12v battery.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back