portugal

i’m sitting on the quay at portsmouth at the moment with 16 weeks planned in portugal that’s a very looose description the last year when i set of for the same we ended up on the fourth day in malaga spain a friend sitting on the aire said it was 21deg so we joined them and had a week of that before touring around , don’t you just love a motorhome,

Hi yes it would be good to meet up if you see a Burstner Aviano with a Scotland sticker on the front and a flag on the side that will be me just knock the door and come in for a chat and a dram or two

Have you got any Laphroag?
If so send me your coordinates,each time you stop :dance:

if it’s laphrohfahhh disgusting i’ll stay away but break open the tullamore dew i’ll be there in a trice,

if it’s laphrohfahhh disgusting i’ll stay away but break open the tullamore dew i’ll be there in a trice,

That's why Yorkshiremen like it, Ken.

You can act generous, by offering the bottle round, but get very few takers.

I have a 16 year old Laphroig at my house in Penamacor, call in if passing north!!
Currently in Silves at Parque De Rio.
Had to sit in car park for 3 days and sleep on services to get a place.
If my mate was not here I would not have bothered as it is like sardines.
Moving east on Monday towards Spain then heading north and home (for a Laphroig or 2)

Also, we were at Amexieial a week ago to meet the same mate.
We missed him by an hour but took his spot and hooked up.
Neighbour told us the French, who have taken over the site, bullied him off the aire as he was accused of tripping the power.
He eventually had enough and left them to point the finger at someone else.
Another 2 brits also left before him for the same reason - not a good atmosphere there now.

never quite understood the attraction of Silves, did you look at Messines ?

I have a 16 year old Laphroig at my house in Penamacor, call in if passing north!!
Currently in Silves at Parque De Rio.
Had to sit in car park for 3 days and sleep on services to get a place.
If my mate was not here I would not have bothered as it is like sardines.
Moving east on Monday towards Spain then heading north and home (for a Laphroig or 2)

Hey.. That sounds like a good.offer.

Which Penamacor are we talking about ?

If you are going east along the N270, passing through Santa Catarina, why not stop off for a coffee break with us?
They distill a fine Medronho here.

never quite understood the attraction of Silves, did you look at Messines ?

Can you still park on the market field and top up with water after the town market closes ?

We did, but it was a good few years ago.

Isn't there an aire there,now?

Can you still park on the market field and top up with water after the town market closes ?

We did, but it was a good few years ago.

Isn't there an aire there,now?
what the mayor did is install a bourne with water, waste disposal and power and 2 or 4 berths , in a little area at the bottom of the market field . but any amount of vans can stay as long as they like on the market if it's not on . it's not the prettiest town and he knows he's competing with Silves- hence the welcome ! all free of course, last i heard

Has anywhere new opened up at Prai de Rocha after the big marina aire was shut down?
I often wonder if the waste ground from the Marina towards Portimao would be used!
or the wasteland above Praia do Vau

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back