portugal

big al

Hi Guys, I'm looking for some information on Portugal have 4 weeks to visit have never been and don't really have any ideas on the different areas / places . I'm looking to draw on all your wonderful knowledge to give me a few ideas, Much appreciated. regards Big Al

Look up a thread on here called, " Spain and Portugal, where are you now".

Do you prefer to follow the coast,moving between Benidorm clone campsites? Sharing wildcamping sites with hoards of vans ? Eating tourist food and drinking British brands ? It's all here, if that's what you fancy.

Or do you want to see the real Portugal?
All the information is on there.
Boa viagem.

as well as the algarve there are lots of lovely places l never get tired of visiting Monzares and of course castle Braganca best place i’ve visited is Tomar then of course the barragems on the border is mavoa with panoramic views over both Portugal & spain 00D82C7F-583F-428E-8B84-C5565C0ED66E.jpegand the western coast did i mention the douro valley? how long did you say you’d got,

Last edited:
as well as the algarve there are lots of lovely places l never get tired of visiting Monzares and of course castle Braganca best place i’ve visited is Tomar then of course the barragems on the border is mavoa with panoramic views over both Portugal & spainView attachment 60414and the western coast did i mention the douro valley? how long did you say you’d got,

Thank you we have 5 weeks to play with as the ferry home is on the 14th Feb from Santander

i’m sitting on the quay at portsmouth at the moment with 16 weeks planned in portugal that’s a very looose description the last year when i set of for the same we ended up on the fourth day in malaga spain a friend sitting on the aire said it was 21deg so we joined them and had a week of that before touring around , don’t you just love a motorhome,

i’m sitting on the quay at portsmouth at the moment with 16 weeks planned in portugal that’s a very looose description the last year when i set of for the same we ended up on the fourth day in malaga spain a friend sitting on the aire said it was 21deg so we joined them and had a week of that before touring around , don’t you just love a motorhome,

Have a good trip, we might catch up with you somewhere, we plan to be out there later in January.

As you enter Portugal at Castro Marim? you have option to register for motorway charges. Many of motorways have no toll booths and charges are made using number plate recognition
. Worth taking a few minutes to register even although you may not intend to use motorways . Enjoy

as well as the algarve there are lots of lovely places l never get tired of visiting Monzares and of course castle Braganca best place i’ve visited is Tomar then of course the barragems on the border is mavoa with panoramic views over both Portugal & spainView attachment 60414and the western coast did i mention the douro valley? how long did you say you’d got,

Give over,Ken you're making our feet itch.!

We've got enough vans coming down for a brief Algarve mini meet / unofficial gathering.
Well away from the coast, obviously?
Anyone for Ameixal? There's 2 Aires there now.

We've got enough vans coming down for a brief Algarve mini meet / unofficial gathering.
Well away from the coast, obviously?
Anyone for Ameixal? There's 2 Aires there now.

Hi Paul, I've missed this. Pray tell when ... I'm still in Spain so I'll probably miss it 😕

Don't think anything has been planned carol!

We stayed at the top aire near Amexial last year, liked it so much we went back again a few weeks later.

We stayed at the top aire near Amexial last year, liked it so much we went back again a few weeks later.
Passed tru a few weeks ago it was full with long termers didnt stop or check the bottom one. If you drive towards Faro theres a great parking area with views nr a tower

Last edited:
Passed tru a few weeks ago it was full with long termers didnt stop or check the bottom one. If you drive towards Faro theres a great parking area with views nr a tower

We have visitors until the month end , nothing then for a couple of weeks, apart from having t be in Sao Bras, on the 8 th.
We could come on the 6th for a couple of nights or the 8th for 2or 3 nights maybe.
Anyone likely to be around?

We've passed the tower, never stopped, though is it OK?

Yes I,d say it was circular parking around a view point with picnic tables can,t remember even thou it was only a few weeks ago how close it was to the tower

we got to bordeaux looked at the weather forecast for northern spain snow and -8 from burgos to madrid and wimped out have swung around to the med were near barcelona at the moment got a month to cruise around to get could do it !

Meeting up in Portugal

Have a good trip, we might catch up with you somewhere, we plan to be out there later in January.

Hi yes it would be good to meet up if you see a Burstner Aviano with a Scotland sticker on the front and a flag on the side that will be me just knock the door and come in for a chat and a dram or two

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back