Portugal still anti motor home

witzend

Looks like some in Government are still unhappy to see us

Stay at home as its as hot here. just put some dark tanning cream on talk funny and eat strange foods.😂

Really sad but lets not forget three things.
The Portuguese have thousands of aires set up which as far as I am aware are still available for use, we have hardly any.
And they have an organisation appealing this legislation on their behalf, if necessary all the way to the EU, all we have currently is CAMpRA.
CAMpRA may in future be more of a force than they are now, but I doubt if they could appeal.
We are no longer in the EU, and would have no recourse to appeal to a court that has done more for human rights than any other organisation I can think off.
But fortunately I don't think things will go this way here, particularly in Scotland.

Campra won,t do anything to upset the councils they are trying to work with. We are being treated now just the same as travelers have been treated for many years and being blamed for the same things.

Campra won,t do anything to upset the councils they are trying to work with. We are being treated now just the same as travelers have been treated for many years and being blamed for the same things.
To be fair to Campra they are in their infancy, they may well develop into an organisation really fit for purpose, with some real clout. What they are doing right now is akin to driving a car at 60mph then sticking it in reverse gear. They have to work with those in power, even those who despise us. Hopefully they will one day look to membership subscriptions which would be used to amongst other things persuade some in our national governments to bring in legislation that will override local powers making it mandatory to provide facilities as is done throughout Europe.

Looks like some in Government are still unhappy to see us
I blame the “smug” expat nimbys. 😂😂😂😂

I blame the “smug” expat nimbys. 😂😂😂😂
Exactly I have witnessed this at Silves a old English woman who lived a mile away complaining about the motorhomes parked in the swimming pool carpark. She actually came amongst us shouting that we shouldn't be there she had several other english with her who appeared to be there because they where afraid of her.
Our small village in Cornwall the same happened there's just 4 local family's The rest bought up by english for use as holiday homes because it was beautiful. Who then formed a committee to make changes ?

Exactly I have witnessed this at Silves a old English woman who lived a mile away complaining about the motorhomes parked in the swimming pool carpark. She actually came amongst us shouting that we shouldn't be there she had several other english with her who appeared to be there because they where afraid of her.
Our small village in Cornwall the same happened there's just 4 local family's The rest bought up by english for use as holiday homes because it was beautiful. Who then formed a committee to make changes ?
And it’s the same up here witzend. A poster on here was heading for Mull, a stunning island I have been visiting for over twenty years. But has been put of by these same people. Sadly in recent times it has been infiltrated by NIMBYS with nothing more to do with their time but complain about things, and sadly most are of the English variety. Just look at Skye, ok it has to endure to many visitors with scant facilities, but most of the complaints comes from the same people, and most of its visitors come from England also, as they themselves did in the past. I apologise if I have offended any from England, not my intention, but these truths are verifiable.

Last edited:
on reading the article it was noticeable that the names of the plaintiffs were very ex pat nimby

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back