porto, portugal

Mudders

Anyone been to Porto lately, we are looking for someone to stop for two nights in June, preferably free, but at least cheap. Also any hints about north Portugal and north Spain in general, thanks very much. I'm a newbie at this, so hopefully this will work

Hi Mudders,
We are also heading that way soon, we go over Dover/ Calais on 29th, have you got any wildy places sorted for the journey down through France that you might like to share?

Jackie ;)

Hi, We have just returned from Porto - see Obitur thread - very cheap & bus stop outside gate. If you get a chance drive back along the Douro valley - wonderful. Dezi

Anyone been to Porto lately, we are looking for someone to stop for two nights in June, preferably free, but at least cheap. Also any hints about north Portugal and north Spain in general, thanks very much. I'm a newbie at this, so hopefully this will work

We were there in March. Try Av de Montevideu on the coast just north of Porto. Lots of carparks and bars on the shore. We were there 2 nights and no one bothered us, cheers,

2 years ago we stayed in a carpark overnight in the centre of Porto -less than €10 and had a lovely time. The car park is on the northern side of the Douro downstream from the 'double decker' bridge trams on top, cars underneath.
We took three weeks working along the north Spanish coast detouring into the Picos mountains. After Porto we returned via the Douro which is stunning.
We only paid to park at Porto finding plenty of places to wild and found water easy to come by.

The following is a list of the places where we stopped:
Legazpi ES
Matxitxako, ES
Arminza ES
nr Mendiondo ES
Ajo
Suances
Playa Oyambre Cantabria
Playa La Franca
Fuente De
off N625 \Covadonga Mountains
Toro Playa, Llanes
Vega Playa
Cabo Vidio
Lago Beach Galicia
Cedeira Port Galicia
St Adrian
Cabo Vilan
Leis Beach
Cabo Tourinan
Porto Pindo
Punta Loura
Porto de Son
beach s of Xuno
Illa de Arousa
Aldan Harbour
Cabo de Home
Monastry de Oia
Camposancos
Guilheta
Vila do Conde
Porto
S Jacinto dunes
Douro nr Escamaro
Pinhao Douro
P inland
Salamanca ES
Palencia
Palentine Mts
nr Aguila
Lalastra
Barria
Foz de Lumbier
Vielha, Spain

Hi Jackie
We live in France, so are starting off from here (near Cognac). I can recommend the book All the Aires France from vicarious books, but if you go through almost any small town in France, there usually a large carpark, often near a restaurant and nobody minds you parking overnight. The only exceptions are by the coast. One of the nicest Aires we stayed in was at Biscarosse Plage on the SW coast, free at the time

Hi Jackie
We live in France, so are starting off from here (near Cognac). I can recommend the book All the Aires France from vicarious books, but if you go through almost any small town in France, there usually a large carpark, often near a restaurant and nobody minds you parking overnight. The only exceptions are by the coast. One of the nicest Aires we stayed in was at Biscarosse Plage on the SW coast, free at the time

We too live in France (south Tarn) and not only is it so easy in the towns but also many villages. Also especially in summer the forests are good especially if you drive a little way in. Personally I am not a fan of books as things are constantly changing preferring to go on line prior to a trip.

Cognac

Hi Jackie
We live in France, so are starting off from here (near Cognac).

And can I say what a gem of an Aire is provided at Cognac.

Just 4 designated places with free electric and water but overlooking the river right opposite the Hennesy building.

Instead of just a quick 'passing through' visit I stayed three days and spent money in the historic town and that's what Aires are all about.

Would that the UK saw the light!

BW

2 years ago we stayed in a carpark overnight in the centre of Porto -less than €10 and had a lovely time. The car park is on the northern side of the Douro downstream from the 'double decker' bridge trams on top, cars underneath.
We took three weeks working along the north Spanish coast detouring into the Picos mountains. After Porto we returned via the Douro which is stunning.
We only paid to park at Porto finding plenty of places to wild and found water easy to come by.

I hate to be a doom merchant but I think this carpark has grown a no motorhome sign. We pulled into one fairly near the centre, only to have a jobsworth come flying over. The sign indicated no overnighting but he would not even let us camp there whilst we went for a meal,

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back