Portable gas BBQ

master

Hi
does anyone have a recommendation for a small portable gas BBQ. I was thinking of the ones using disposable cylinders

thanks

Definitely the dogs is the Cadac Safari Chef. Not cheap but it works.

Cheers

H

We have the safari chef 2 HP version that works on gas canisters we got it from Hamilton gas products in Ireland I like it because I don’t have to mess about with a hose and regulator

I use the small gas BBQ similar shape and size to the cooker, works very well.
4 replacement gas in Home Bargains for £3.99.

And small enough.

cadacs are just big frying pans, get a q1200 webber gas canister and fill it full od lave rocks. Burn in some cheap sausages and it smokes forever and tastes great. I get 3 bbq for 4 peeps from one canister, job done

i bought a lpg pizza oven about four years ago of amazon about £110 it’s got a 15” griddle plate that cooked most of the bbq for 20 at banham runs on take off from van but i also carry a calor light with the same pushfit connector as the bbq point, as well as the griddle it comes with a pizza stone and i have bought an aluminium divided pan that is superb when only cooking for a few people ,

The small cadac

Suits us.
We grill veg x2 then meat even done semi roast spuds.
We use off refillable lpg with bbq point.
So all cooked outside.
You can boil water in a saucepan or kettle as well.

Windshield yes

We carry a Cadac Safari Chef (this is the table top small version) and I have made a light weight wind shield which works well. We also carry a gas two burner which fits into the same wind shield.
We do tend to use the two burner more as the Safari Chef is a little small, but both work well
You do need a wind shield, otherwise as Charlie says it is only useful on a calm day!

Or park suitable and use chairs

Cadac's are crap
As ken says his worked when the Cadac had blown out a few times .
We bought a Cadac but it's pretty useless on anything but a calm day , ours is going real soon bloody rubbish.

It's most unlike you to sit on the fence in this way, Charlie.
Do you think Cadacs are good bits of kit or not?
It's make-your-mind-up time.

Colin 😊😊😊

Best Barbi..jpg Yes , this one easy peasy, it can also be used to boil a kettle, just lift of the cast iron plate and also will take the open grill plate if you prefer cooking that way. gas not the cheapest but cheaper than small canisters.

We've used one of these for many years;

Campingaz 203403 Party Grill 1350w – W Hurst & Son (IW) Ltd

We also have a bigger one similar to the Cadac, but it takes up a fair bit of room in the van. In fact, I think I will dig the smaller one out of the garage again and stick it on the boat.

Glad I saw this thread now, I had forgotten all about it.
Just a reminder Rob, if you use it on your boat you can't have your kayak and heat it.

I think they are wonderfully suited to most motorhomes and their appliances :dance:
In fact most motorhome owners are actually incredibly well suited to leisure products such as Cadac :cry:

That made me laugh, Charlie. Thank you.
As it happens, I've got a Cadac and don't think much of it. A charcoal BBQ gives a better burn. A gas ring and frying pan give a better breakfast. I've absolutely no idea of their attraction, especially in view of their exorbitant cost, difficulty in cleaning and short life.
As you might suggest - "utter krapp". Do I make myself clear?

Colin 😊😊😊

That made me laugh, Charlie. Thank you.
As it happens, I've got a Cadac and don't think much of it. A charcoal BBQ gives a better burn. A gas ring and frying pan give a better breakfast. I've absolutely no idea of their attraction, especially in view of their exorbitant cost, difficulty in cleaning and short life.
As you might suggest - "utter krapp". Do I make myself clear?

Colin 😊😊😊

Well unlike Colin and Charlie I am very pleased with our Cadac :)

That isn’t what the op asked about though, I don’t think Caracas are what they meant anyway however Charlie has on going cheap if it is :)

Well unlike Colin and Charlie I am very pleased with our Cadac :)

That isn’t what the op asked about though, I don’t think Caracas are what they meant anyway however Charlie has on going cheap if it is :)

Since when has any post on WC had anything whatsoever to do with an OP, Neil?
I'm confident Charlie will support me on this one.

Colin 😊😊😊

Thanks for the suggestion, we bought a Cadac Safari Chef and have just used it for the first time at home . It seemed great, a big variation in gas prices.
looking forward to using it in the van now

Great

Thanks for the suggestion, we bought a Cadac Safari Chef and have just used it for the first time at home . It seemed great, a big variation in gas prices.
looking forward to using it in the van now

You will have seen my posts in favour of Cadac.
Just keep the grill plates oiled when cooking and wash carefully, not using an abrasive item,soaking and a simple "rough" sponge does the job.
Try to make sure it is almost perfectly level as well to assist with both cooking and subsequent cleaning.
We tend to have a 3 phase solution
1 Garlic bread, normal bread brushed with garlic infused oil (olive ?) or oil/butter.
2 Sliced aubergines courgettes peppers tomatoes
3 Thinly sliced meat usually marinated first or chipolata style sausages or thin burgers

We often use the wok type lid to retain heat...This is often just wiped clean with a paper towel

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back