Portable draining board?

Used to use one of the plastic ones before, (well a couple of different types) but these days I just put the washed bits on the hob. Only me and the dogs in the van though so most likely a lot less pots than some
That reminds me .... What I usually use for odd bits and peices is a drying mat like this - https://amzn.to/4bLKFLr

As a bonus, I keep this on top of the burners and then when I put the glass top down it provides a rattle barrier :)

I quite like the look of that.

Found it on Amazon a bit cheaper
There is loads of space and an extension to the left of the sink. Everything in this van is massive so no need to use the hob. Michelle reckons we don't need one. We will see when I eventually get to try washing up. Could be a while. 🤣

Kev. She also is adamant the official Swift drainer is not in this van anywhere.
Ok, best to check innit.

How are you getting on with the van now.

I quite like the look of that.

Found it on Amazon a bit cheaper

Ok, best to check innit.

How are you getting on with the van now.

Ferkin marvelous! It's ace. I loved the old Hank and it will never ever be replaced just like your first ever love but after over a decade of searching I think I might have just and hopefully got it right. It's like being upgraded from a travel Inn to the Hilton.

The is would do. Might be fun getting it on the bike and no stock round here. I'll find one somewhere

32 quid for a blinkin' dish drainer? Are you insane?!! 🤪🤣🤣🤣

IKEA do a few different things that we've used over the years.
This drainer is good: https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/rinnig-dish-drainer-double-sided-10387261/
With a drying mat on the worktop if more space is needed.

I second that, IKEA are brilliant for all sorts of extra odds and sods.
TK Max do a variety of boards, if you have a branch near you it may be worth a visit, Dunelm could be another possibility.

I got our draining rack (2 vans ago) from TK Maxx and it's spot on.

It lives at the side of the cupboard under the sink when not in use, Neil fitted a couple of hooks to latch it onto and it fits perfectly.

You need to get Michelle to look 😉👍

The one I linked is the correct one for the van and has its own storage spot it works really well, it sits on top of the hob lid and the drained water goes into the sink and away, we do use a bowl though.

I need a new sink cover, previous owners have used it as a chopping board and it looks awful.

32 quid for a blinkin' dish drainer? Are you insane?!! 🤪🤣🤣🤣

I second that, IKEA are brilliant for all sorts of extra odds and sods.

I got our draining rack (2 vans ago) from TK Maxx and it's spot on.

It lives at the side of the cupboard under the sink when not in use, Neil fitted a couple of hooks to latch it onto and it fits perfectly.

You need to get Michelle to look 😉👍
Lol! 🤣

You should see the running total bill so far! 😮

It's definitely not in that cupboard. Does seem odd it's not here although the seller had a caravan so it's possible it's been kept for that

You must have spent 2-3£k since you picked it up not counting insurance etc.

The Remis blinds are designed to go around the mirror the monitor shouldn't make any difference at all, I sit in the driver seat and swing the mirror to the left, and do the right hand blind, then swing the mirror to the right jump into the passenger seat and do the left hand blind, the two halves then hold together with the magnetic strip, so unless they changed the mirror for one that is too close to the glass it should be as designed, I'll do a vid later on if I go down to the van today.

You must have spent 2-3£k since you picked it up not counting insurance etc.

The Remis blinds are designed to go around the mirror the monitor shouldn't make any difference at all, I sit in the driver seat and swing the mirror to the left, and do the right hand blind, then swing the mirror to the right jump into the passenger seat and do the left hand blind, the two halves then hold together with the magnetic strip, so unless they changed the mirror for one that is too close to the glass it should be as designed, I'll do a vid later on if I go down to the van today.

The mirror is stuck on the glass so the blinds don't go round it.

Isn't there a cutout?

I wonder if they were a DIY fit if not.

No there isn't. It's quite a thick stem as well. Don't matter. Old school low tech solution. 😁

IMG20240717091347.jpg

No there isn't. It's quite a thick stem as well. Don't matter. Old school low tech solution. 😁

View attachment 133198
I am pretty sure if you look a bit more closely you will see the cutouts :) It is a bit below there your mirror stalk is and there is a piece of plastic that moves in on each side to allow the blinds to close over the mirror stalk.

This photo shows those cutouts pushed back to allow the stalk on my windscreen to come through....

Sat Nav by David, on Flickr

I still use a elastic band around the two handles anyway and always have even when I didn't have a mirror stalk there as the magnets are fairly weak and they can separate easily.

I found the cut outs so thanks for that but they are too low. And won't fit around this mirror. Moving it looks tricky and it would then probably look daft. It's fine. The hair band works perfect.

Our new Swift van should have a circular board that just fits into the sink. Can't find it but they look rubbish anyway. I have seen a few you can buy online that look much better. The key is not to use the word motorhome of caravan in the search. Question is has anyone found one in any of the on street shops or supermarkets /DIY places etc?
I modified and fixed an ikea rack and tray above our sink. Just large enough for most things for the two of us, but we also have a small rectangular tray to put extra things like pans on. It lives in the cutlary drawer, a perfect fit, bought from a caravan shop. Also fixed a poundshop £1 wire rack under the cabinet over the burners for warming the dinner plates.
Keep looking!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back