Portable draining board?

barryd

Our new Swift van should have a circular board that just fits into the sink. Can't find it but they look rubbish anyway. I have seen a few you can buy online that look much better. The key is not to use the word motorhome of caravan in the search. Question is has anyone found one in any of the on street shops or supermarkets /DIY places etc?

Ours stores on a very slim shelf next to the sink. To access it you open the under sink cupboard. Been there since we bought the van 9 years ago.

Ours lives in here.
20240716_122926.jpg

And looks like this.

20240716_122851.jpg

Used to use one of the plastic ones before, (well a couple of different types) but these days I just put the washed bits on the hob. Only me and the dogs in the van though so most likely a lot less pots than some

Used to use one of the plastic ones before, (well a couple of different types) but these days I just put the washed bits on the hob. Only me and the dogs in the van though so most likely a lot less pots than some
I do the same if there isn't much, I drop the grill door down too sometimes and put a T towel on it to expand the space.

Thanks. The official Swift one cannot be found and to be honest, if looks a bit naff. Will check Argos

Did you check in that cupboard, we didn't notice it until our second trip.

You could do what Niel said and use the hob with the lid up just lay a T towel on it, it works fine.

I used to use hob . Had to get some work done on burners . Guy had to drill out hob fixing screws , rusted in

I used to use hob . Had to get some work done on burners . Guy had to drill out hob fixing screws , rusted in
I usually put a plate or pan lid over the burners that are near where I put the pots. Anyone doing what I do should take a bit of care. Sometimes I just put a tea towel on the glass lid over the hob unit and put things on to that as well.

Incidentally, the 3 burner hob I have comes in two flavours (or did), one with a drain and plu and the other like mine without. Both models wouldn’t like the burners under water, the only difference is I use a sponge to mob the water up where the other type you pull a plug to drain. I think Annie used to have one with a drain in her old van at one time.

There is loads of space and an extension to the left of the sink. Everything in this van is massive so no need to use the hob. Michelle reckons we don't need one. We will see when I eventually get to try washing up. Could be a while. 🤣

Kev. She also is adamant the official Swift drainer is not in this van anywhere.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back