POI sync on Tomtom

fenman2011

Thanks for accepting me to the forum as a new member!

I wonder if anyone can offer any advice?

I have successfully download and installed the POI files onto my TomTom account. I can also successfully sync places and routes onto my Tom Tom Camper Max 7.
So, I can confirm that the connections are fine. I have also done all the software updates, including the maps.

However, for some reason it does not sync the POI files.

Has anyone else had similar issues and found a way to get it to work?

Thanks

Hi, yes I unzipped the files. I had to do that to install them on the Tom Tom My Drive.

I also checked the various recommendations. I have successfully installed the files on Tom Tom My Drive but they do not sync with my device. My device will successfully sync My Places and Routes so all the connections are fine on my device

Any other ideas?

Tim

Bear in mind that it is no longer possible to load third party POIs on some TomTom devices.

I suggest you use Google to see if it is or is not possible with your device.

Bear in mind that it is no longer possible to load third party POIs on some TomTom devices.

I suggest you use Google to see if it is or is not possible with your device.
Interesting. From my research it indicates that it is possible on the Tom Tom Camper Max 7. I certainly haven't seen anything to the contrary and I have spent hours using google to try and find a solution

Interesting. From my research it indicates that it is possible on the Tom Tom Camper Max 7. I certainly haven't seen anything to the contrary and I have spent hours using google to try and find a solution
Looking at the user manual it states:

You can find collections of Points of Interest (POI) on your TomTom GO Camper Max. A POI
collection will contain, for example, campsites or restaurants for the area you are travelling in and
provides an easy way to select a location without the need to search for the location each time. On
top of the standard POI lists your TomTom GO Camper Max will come with exclusive pre-installed
3rd party POI lists from our partners.

There is no indication that other POIs can be imported.

You might be lucky and be able to install 3rd party POI's if Tomtom include this feature in future updates but I don't think it is possible yet, we couldn't install them when the new Tomtoms needing 'My Drive' were first introduced but eventually it was possible

Tomtom support said:
I sorry... But you >> CANNOT << install 3rd Party .Ov2 POI files onto the latest GO Discover GO Expert etc etc. devices...

Tomtom support said:
Tomtom support said:
Note... The use of 3rd party POI .Ov2 files is NOT available on the latest GO Discover GO Expert etc....

GO Discover has new NDS cards that are not yet compatible with OV2 files

Last edited:
It certainly seems the case - certain GO products from Tom Tom including Go Camper Max does not seem to support third party OV2 files. That's a real shame as I really wanted to use Wild Camping and WEBSITE BLOCKED BY ADMIN files on it

Pois of all sorts are easily imported to Organic maps (free).
Organic maps has a basic and useful navigation function.
So use alongside TomTom.
I have an old tomtom with pois but now use Organic maps co-pilot and Google. s4sites transfers pois directly to all 3.
Easier to move with the times

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back