POI of Cheap Campsites

philstoke

I see a lot of posts suggesting cheaper campsites for when you need to get rid of waste and have a wash in a full size shower, how about making a section in the POI for these, I know charges do go up, but it would be so much easier to use other peoples experiences rather than driving round calling in different campsites and finding they were charging exorbitant prices

Last edited:
We use cs sites ,they are usually less than a tenner a night for pitch with ehu and shower facilities:)
It means joining the C&CC though ,although ,we have never been asked to produce our member card??

If you do join or are a member of the C&C heres a list of the sites with Motorhome Service Points
For just £7.10 all Club Members can....

Fill up with fresh water
Drain waste etc
Use all site facilities for up to three hours
This service is available for Club Members who need to use the Motorhome Service Point without a pitch booking.

Look for the symbol on the Club Site pages or check the list below for where Motorhome Service Points are available.

Dingwall, Bala, Barnard Castle, Blackmore ,Canterbury ,California Cross,
Glencoe, Cardigan Bay, Bellingham ,Cannock Chase, Chertsey ,Charmouth,
Jedburgh, Rhandirmwyn, Boroughbridge, Conkers, Crowborough, Cheddar,
Moffat, Clitheroe, Delamere Forest, Folkestone, Corfe Castle ,
Oban, Derwentwater, Ebury Hill, Hertford, Damage Barton,
Scone, Dunstan Hill ,Kingsbury Water Park, Norman’s Bay, Devizes,
Speyside, Haltwhistle, Leek , Lynton,
Kendal, St Neots, Minehead,
Keswick, Sandringham, Moreton,
Ravenglass, Teversal , Salisbury,
Scarborough, Thetford Forest, Sennen Cove,
Slingsby, West Runton, Slapton Sands,
Troutbeck, Wolverley, Tregurrian,
Windermere , Umberleigh,
Veryan.

C&CC members can download POI files for CS's (as well as Club sites). As we don't have Sat Nav, I've loaded them onto the POI Viewer app on phone & iPad. The C&CC app has a map showing nearby sites too. I always check the main book for prices though, as some are nearly as expensive as main sites (and a few cost more).

You need to join to use the CC or C&CC cheap 5 van sites and if you join, you get the book with them all in. It would seem a waste to make the POI file huge when really there is no need.

Richard

If you do join or are a member of the C&C heres a list of the sites with Motorhome Service Points
For just £7.10 all Club Members can....

Fill up with fresh water
Drain waste etc
Use all site facilities for up to three hours
This service is available for Club Members who need to use the Motorhome Service Point without a pitch booking.

Look for the symbol on the Club Site pages or check the list below for where Motorhome Service Points are available.

Dingwall, Bala, Barnard Castle, Blackmore ,Canterbury ,California Cross,
Glencoe, Cardigan Bay, Bellingham ,Cannock Chase, Chertsey ,Charmouth,
Jedburgh, Rhandirmwyn, Boroughbridge, Conkers, Crowborough, Cheddar,
Moffat, Clitheroe, Delamere Forest, Folkestone, Corfe Castle ,
Oban, Derwentwater, Ebury Hill, Hertford, Damage Barton,
Scone, Dunstan Hill ,Kingsbury Water Park, Norman’s Bay, Devizes,
Speyside, Haltwhistle, Leek , Lynton,
Kendal, St Neots, Minehead,
Keswick, Sandringham, Moreton,
Ravenglass, Teversal , Salisbury,
Scarborough, Thetford Forest, Sennen Cove,
Slingsby, West Runton, Slapton Sands,
Troutbeck, Wolverley, Tregurrian,
Windermere , Umberleigh,
Veryan.

I thought they where a good idea to begin with but it will cost you at least another fiver to do your laundry. That's if you can do it in the time. Why not put your money in the hands of the mostly very nice people that run the 5 van sites, where for a tenner you get to stay the night as well.

Richard

I've downloaded the CC CL's and posh sites on to my GPS from Us which is slightly out of date but still useful.

I think I will join the C&CC but will probably do it at one of their sites as I believe over 60s get a special price, but you have to show proof of age in person

Last edited:
I think I will join the C&CC but will probably do it at one of their sites as I beleive over 60s get a special price, but you have to show proof of age in person

Over 55s but not in peak season. You might like to check out their DA meets

Richard

I think I will join the C&CC but will probably do it at one of their sites as I believe over 60s get a special price, but you have to show proof of age in person

As Richard says, it's over 55 - but it isn't just in low season, some sites give it all year round, although the more popular sites don't give it in high season. Full details are on the C & C C website. It can save you quite a bit.

You only have to show proof of age once, your membership card is stamped and when the new one comes through the following year it is already shown.

As Richard says, it's over 55 - but it isn't just in low season, some sites give it all year round, although the more popular sites don't give it in high season. Full details are on the C & C C website. It can save you quite a bit.

You only have to show proof of age once, your membership card is stamped and when the new one comes through the following year it is already shown.

From the C&CC site

Age Concession

If you are 55 or over you can save up to 30% off pitch fees in mid and low season at all our UK Club Sites

However some will also do 12 August to 1 September only

Richard

Last edited:
Some of the C&CC THS venues have showers and washing facilities, especially those at Rugby Clubs etc. We went to Stow on the Wold and there was even a sink available with hot water for pot-washing/laundry. The locker room showers were a bit basic, the men's ones were communal,:scared:, and for this we paid £6.50 a night. Cheaper than a CC m/home stop over.

Mary

If you just want cheap sites, join the CC; they have twice as many CL's as the C&CC has CS's

something to do with dropping your trousers and a tape measure Î think

If you just want cheap sites, join the CC; they have twice as many CL's as the C&CC has CS's

Just got the latest CC magazine. One of the new CL's has no toilet facilities and is £18 a night! Too expensive for us.

Mary

I started a new group in community for campsites under £10.
So anyone who knows for any just post it in there.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back