Plymouth port.

myvanwy

Have any of you lovely people done an overnight stay at the port in readiness for the Wednesday crossing to Santander? Had a look at the info and says ok to park in the lanes overnight (24 hrs) for £12.00. We did the Poole crossing a couple of months back and that was a first too. Poole had facilities (inc showers) that were open all night and a cafe that opened 6ish in the morning to collect the £15.00. Any pointers guys? (and I dont mean dogs)

Sorry no one has replied, but, I’ve not been there for about 8 years and even back then there was no problem parking, in fact, if you parked just outside where the trucks park it was free and probably still is, so if I were you I’d go and take my chances which I would confidently do especially as they now advertise it’s ok to park.There wasn’t a cafe though.:)

We have used it often but never paid anything (paying to Queue wat ever next) be difficult to have 24 hrs as some time 3 sailings in that time. But the price could be for their carpark

Last edited:
Have any of you lovely people done an overnight stay at the port in readiness for the Wednesday crossing to Santander? Had a look at the info and says ok to park in the lanes overnight (24 hrs) for £12.00. We did the Poole crossing a couple of months back and that was a first too. Poole had facilities (inc showers) that were open all night and a cafe that opened 6ish in the morning to collect the £15.00. Any pointers guys? (and I dont mean dogs)
Cheers Trev. Just before I posted, I re-read the post and added the brackets because I thought straightaway, "Trev will make a comment about dogs." Your in my head. o_O

Have any of you lovely people done an overnight stay at the port in readiness for the Wednesday crossing to Santander? Had a look at the info and says ok to park in the lanes overnight (24 hrs) for £12.00.
Looks like overnite in lanes has been stopped Parked in departure lanes an van beside us was sent away last nite

Eek! £13 to wait in a queue? Might be better to stop over in one of the City's park-and-ride car parks that allow overnighting (Home Park and Coypool; the latter for vans that don't fit a standard car bay) -- https://www.plymouth.gov.uk/park-and-ride -- Home Park (aka Milehouse) is about 5 minutes drive from the Millbay ferry terminal; Coypool is about 20 minutes.

1691691803866.png

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back