Plenty at New brighton Tonight

landoboguy

Free Member
Fort perch car park, I counted 24 vans, and down the road near the playing fields another 12 or so.
sorry for crap pic, am staying here tonight but down the road a bit.
1595027942323.png

Thank you

We used to Visit this place until they starting banning motorhomes down the other end of the Promenade.So it seems its ok to stopover at Fort Perch still

atb Mike

Won`t be long before the Fort Perch end is banned as well.
I did think this.
Ive never seen so many here, and if they stay through the day, it will knacker the parking for the floral pavillion theatre because that pretty much fills the car park when good shows are on.

Who owns the theatre ? Wirral Council

Doomed

I did think this.
Ive never seen so many here, and if they stay through the day, it will knacker the parking for the floral pavillion theatre because that pretty much fills the car park when good shows are on.

Doomed

That`s one of the things that really bloody annoys me about these wankers that stay for days on end resulting normally in height barriers going up.

That means we can`t even get into these places for brew or something to eat but hey ho, they don`t give a fcuk and will just move elsewhere and bugger that up.

I did think this.

Doomed

Yes must admit was in Fort Perch Car Park in our older Hymer the other year 2018 and early evening one actually gets surrounded by cars going to the Theatre and all spaces are taken and one has to make a hasty exit before you get blocked in lol.They dont care they park anywhere a car will fit.

That`s one of the things that really bloody annoys me about these wankers that stay for days on end resulting normally in height barriers going up.

That means we can`t even get into these places for brew or something to eat but hey ho, they don`t give a fcuk and will just move elsewhere and bugger that up.

Going by that picture it is looking like a campsite.Should be just a few i/e two or three Motorhomes at a time THEN we might stand a chance BUT Someone from the council will get peed off with that and as you say here comes the height barriers.

Going by that picture it is looking like a campsite.Should be just a few i/e two or three Motorhomes at a time THEN we might stand a chance BUT Someone from the council will get peed off with that and as you say here comes the height barriers.
Used to be just 2 or 3 Ive never seen so many
But if you consider they stopped the O nighting up the road out of the way, then most of them will head down here.

Used to be just 2 or 3 Ive never seen so many
But if you consider they stopped the O nighting up the road out of the way, then most of them will head down here.

Yes youre right down the other far end used to get packed all along with Motorhomes.Makes me wonder who owns Fort Perch car park? Why havent Wirral Council put up No Overnighting signs already

Surely this should show councils in the uk that their is a need for aires, they don’t even need to be free aires

I havent been in Europe so dont know the going rate in Euros and Obviously I cant speak for other owners but I think we would pay up to £10 for an Aire. Even a Fiver £5.00 to allow a refill of water I think is fair.I object to paying £25 to £45 a night for a piece of grass in a Campsite.

I havent been in Europe so dont know the going rate in Euros and Obviously I cant speak for other owners but I think we would pay up to £10 for an Aire. Even a Fiver £5.00 to allow a refill of water I think is fair.I object to payiny £25 to £45 a night for a piece of grass in a Campsite.
Most aires in Europe are free, but we know that would never be the case in the uk, but even chargeable aires would be a step in the right direction

I havent been in Europe so dont know the going rate in Euros and Obviously I cant speak for other owners but I think we would pay up to £10 for an Aire. Even a Fiver £5.00 to allow a refill of water I think is fair.I object to paying £25 to £45 a night for a piece of grass in a Campsite.

And due to the recent "pandemic" I imagine many campsites will charge more to make up the money lost over the last few months when they were closed.

What we have here is a completely legal situation that some find distasteful. So …. what's your solution? Obvious innit. Ban them all. Don't attempt to control the numbers with notices and white lines and permissions. Ban them all.

So that satisfies those who find a completely legal situation distasteful. My problem is this. Lots of people find lots of things distasteful. What are you going to do? Ban everything that anyone anywhere finds distasteful?

My off the cuff solution is to formalise the parking there. So many vans, so long permitted to stay. Won't do for those who find a dozen disasteful. There'll still be those who find one distasteful. So, ban them all. That's the solution. Like Councillor Dave said earlier. "We're going to put a stop to this bunch of freeloaders. And we're going to put a stop to them once and for all."

A Final Solution, Colin might have gone on to say.

Councils to be given more powers to impose local lockdowns.

Who will be the first council to use these powers to impose a motorhome ban?

Do you think councils will give up these powers once this pandemic is over?

Councils to be given more powers to impose local lockdowns.

Who will be the first council to use these powers to impose a motorhome ban?

Do you think councils will give up these powers once this pandemic is over?

Swmbo just informed me of an article on Facebook (I dont do fb lol)about Helmsley car park and due to some selfish motorhomers at the first day of unlockdown using this overflow car aprk as a campsite with bbqs table and chairs out etc they are discussing the closure for motorhomers in the next council meeting.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back