Plan gone wrong

antiquesam

SWMBO has given me permission to disappear by myself for a few days next week in the van for the first time without the dog. The plan was to just move west a little and do not things like the tank museum and Fleet Air Arm museum, but that doesn't open until the middle of the month, anyone got any ideas of things to do this way on that the wife wouldn't want to do, otherwise I'll not be allowed out by myself again if she gets jealous 😉

Lost your buddie 😑.
I brought mine home 3 years ago today.😍
20170805_210205.jpg
20180512_125229.jpg

So sorry to hear you’ve lost your companion. I can't imagine not having one with me anytime I go anywhere, walking, by car or by MH. The exception is when I’m on a motorbike. Will you get another?

So sorry to hear you’ve lost your companion. I can't imagine not having one with me anytime I go anywhere, walking, by car or by MH. The exception is when I’m on a motorbike. Will you get another?
No more. We had Sox for 8 years as a long term foster from the Cinnamon Trust. I don't mind taking short term fosters if someone goes into hospital, but having gone through this four times I don't want to go through it again. We still walk a dog for someone, but that's enough.

Duxford is open for booked visits, but that might be too far? Covington is the tank museum, I assume? So few places to visit which are open...you may have to find somewhere restful and just enjoy the views, or go fishing!!?

SWMBO has given me permission to disappear by myself for a few days next week in the van for the first time without the dog. The plan was to just move west a little and do not things like the tank museum and Fleet Air Arm museum, but that doesn't open until the middle of the month, anyone got any ideas of things to do this way on that the wife wouldn't want to do, otherwise I'll not be allowed out by myself again if she gets jealous 😉

Dogging? :unsure::)😜😂

No more. We had Sox for 8 years as a long term foster from the Cinnamon Trust. I don't mind taking short term fosters if someone goes into hospital, but having gone through this four times I don't want to go through it again. We still walk a dog for someone, but that's enough.

Always a tough time....
I've lost count how many times I've gone through it
(actually I know EXACTLY how many times and how many tears I've shed)

I've sworn immeasurable times 'never again'

BUT truth is there are soooooo many fab dogs that need a sofa, warm spot and full tum....

I've always (and probs will always) softened and given in.

Duxford is open for booked visits, but that might be too far? Covington is the tank museum, I assume? So few places to visit which are open...you may have to find somewhere restful and just enjoy the views, or go fishing!!?
The tank museum is in Bovington. I did think about Haynes motor museum but that isn't open either.

Very little in the way of museums or 'tourist attractions' seem to be open right now.
And for any that are, it can be a bit of a rigmarole to get into them, as per Ruth's post above.

You'll have to look for a way to entertain yourself instead, I reckon, or maybe borrow a dog for the trip to keep you company and take for walks? :unsure:

Weatherspoons at Port Solent..
It's all you'll ever need..
Have fun ..
But don't boast about it, when you get back.

Weatherspoons at Port Solent..
It's all you'll ever need..
Have fun ..
But don't boast about it, when you get back.
It's too close. Someone could recognise me and bubble me up. Oh and the travellers have taken over up there this week.

Last edited:
This at Shuttleworth will be fantastic. We went to their first drive in airshow last month and there are camping spaces set aside for self contained vans and motorhomes, you just watch the show from your pitch. Worth arriving on the Friday.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back