places not to be missed around Le Touquet please?

vwanorak

Le Touquet - places not to be missed nearby?

Afternoon all.

We are taking our camper over to France for a 5 night break and as we have a 3 yr old and are travelling in August, I've booked a campsite in Le Touquet to be sure of a base and facilities.

I'm after your devine inspiration please on some great day vist places, ideally no more than 2 hrs drive from Le Touquet, but will push it a little more for somewhere really nice.

Look forward to hearing any ideas!

Thanks

Andy

Last edited:
hi

hi there
sorry I cant help

but welcome anyway

weez
Tony

Hi Andy, I think its a couple of hours or less but I think Honfleur(near Le Havre) is a really beautiful town and harbour. Its worth it for me just to see the bridge over the Seine. Also the aire for motorhomes is right next to the town centre, well wort a visit. Also, I know its a bit far but Mont st Michel is also a sight to behold, and u can overnight there for 7 euros, hope this helps....Bob

Good evening Andy,

Are you committed to your campsite booking at Le Touquet?

The reason I ask is that once you find yourself the otherside of the channel, the whole concept of wild-camping takes on a completely new meaning!

The French love their motorhome aires; there's 3 of them in Le Touquet alone!

With 5 days available you could make a nice little tour up and down the northern coast of France stopping at a number of these Aires (for only a few Euros per night or even free!)

Try this link CAMPINGCAR-INFOS as an example of what I mean.

I know its your first venture but hey its brilliant once you get into it!

A good book in English can be bought here: All The Aires France Spain Portugal Holland Belgium Luxemburg Netherlands Norway Sweden and Finland aires guides

Sorry I can't be more specific on your opening request, but we just tour the Aires along the coast and take in the Galic way of life wherever it may be!

Le Touquet is nice by-the-way :)

Hi Andy, I think its a couple of hours or less but I think Honfleur(near Le Havre) is a really beautiful town and harbour. Its worth it for me just to see the bridge over the Seine. Also the aire for motorhomes is right next to the town centre, well wort a visit. Also, I know its a bit far but Mont st Michel is also a sight to behold, and u can overnight there for 7 euros, hope this helps....Bob

Thanks Bob!

I had thought about Mont st Michel, I'll try and work out the mileage and see if I can get there an back in the day sensibly!

Many thanks

Andy

Good evening Andy,

Are you committed to your campsite booking at Le Touquet?

The reason I ask is that once you find yourself the otherside of the channel, the whole concept of wild-camping takes on a completely new meaning!

The French love their motorhome aires; there's 3 of them in Le Touquet alone!

With 5 days available you could make a nice little tour up and down the northern coast of France stopping at a number of these Aires (for only a few Euros per night or even free!)

Try this link CAMPINGCAR-INFOS as an example of what I mean.

I know its your first venture but hey its brilliant once you get into it!

A good book in English can be bought here: All The Aires France Spain Portugal Holland Belgium Luxemburg Netherlands Norway Sweden and Finland aires guides

Sorry I can't be more specific on your opening request, but we just tour the Aires along the coast and take in the Galic way of life wherever it may be!

Le Touquet is nice by-the-way :)

Thanks for the info'.

I'm not new to Aires' or to Le Touquet. But as my little boy is only three, I thought the safety of a campsite booking might be wise in paek season. Also we have a VW California, so no shower.

I hope we will be a little braver to do the Aires thing with him next year.

Thanks again for posting a reply.

Andy

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back